Scientific priority areas
- Develop the theme of artificial intelligence in conjunction with the structural 3IA Côte d’Azur project, focused on a number of priority subjects: (i) biology-health, including medicine, neuroscience and bioinformatics, (ii) the links between AI, geometry, heterogeneous data and modelling, and (iii) collaborative robotics for open and dynamic environments;
- Develop research activities in the ubiquitous computing field, in particular on the themes of software engineering, software security, reliability and certification.
Strategic lines of development
- Participate the success of the Université Côte d’Azur IDEX (UCAJedi) and the securing of its future;
- Reinforcement of partnerships with the economic actors in the region through the success of the 3IA Côte d’Azur (interdisciplinary AI institute) or Inria's responsibility for the digital dimension in the setting up of the Innovation and Partnerships Institute of the Université Côte d’Azur;
- Scaling up to enable the creation of DeepTech startups.
In addition, the centre will be supporting the development of the Inria branch on the Montpellier site, whose objectives are:
- To develop a branch with about ten project teams;
- To develop relations with industry and involvement in the startup ecosystem;
- To have the branch specialised in medicine, environment and agronomy.
Ecosystem & Partners
The centre is a founder member the UCAJedi IDEX and member of the MUSE I-SITE. The "Montpellier University of Excellence" (MUSE) project, in which Inria is one of the partners alongside Montpellier University, has been granted I-SITE status (for Initiatives-Science-Innovation-Territories-Economy) with the aim of meeting three major challenges for the 21st century: feed, protect and treat, thanks to its expertise in the life sciences, the environment and agriculture.
The centre also has numerous partnerships, with:
- Public research actors: CNRS, INRAE
- Innovation ecosystem: pôle SCS Eubiomed, Cluster SAFE, OPtitec Telecom Valley
Incubateur PACA Est, SATT Sud Est, Sophia Club Entreprises, Educazur, CCI Côte d’Azur, French Tech Côte d’Azur ;
- Local authorities: Région Sud-Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, département des Alpes Maritimes, CASA (communauté d’agglomération de Sophia Antipolis), Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur, Région Occitanie
- Major groups:
- PME-ETI :
- Grands groupes : amadeus, Thales, Orange....
- International academic partners: Université de Bologne, Université d'Athènes (NKUA), ERCIM - European Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics.
- Other partners hosted: Ercim, EIT ICT LABS, W3C