As part of the measures to limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus, from 16 March and until further notice, access to the site is strictly limited to persons with special authorization.
Find below all the location details and practical information to get to the center of Sophia Antipolis or its Montpellier office.
The centre - Sophia Antipolis
The nearest airport is Nice-Côte d'Azur (20km).
There are regular shuttles from the airport (Terminals 1 and 2) to Sophia Antipolis by bus: Line 230 - stop "Inria".
- From Marseille-Aix on the A8 motorway, take the Antibes-Grasse-Sophia Antipolis exit, direction Sophia Antipolis.
- From Nice by the A8 motorway, take the Antibes-Sophia Antipolis exit, direction Sophia Antipolis (the road on the right just after the toll).
The nearest train station is Antibes. There are regular shuttles between Antibes train station and Sophia Antipolis.
- Lines 1 and 12: "Inria" stop
- Express Line 100: Stop "Templiers" (10 minutes walk from Inria)
Price : 1,5 €.
By public transport
- From the airport and the city of Nice: Lignes d'Azur Line 230 - "Inria" stop
- From Cannes SNCF railway station (with a connection): Lignes d'Azur Line 630 - Stop "Gare routière Sophia Antipolis" then take Line 1, 9, 12 or 100 - Stop "Inria" (1,12), "IUT". (9) or "Templars" (10 minutes walk from Inria) (100)
- From Antibes: Envibus Lines 1 - 9 - 12 Stop "Inria" (1, 12) or "IUT". (9) Express Line 100 - Stop "Templiers" (10 minutes walk from Inria)
- From the Collège International de Valbonne (CIV): Envibus Lines 22 or 1
Access to the antenna - Montpellier
Coming to Montpellier
Montpellier Méditerranée International Airport is located 10 km from the city centre. There are 11 daily flights connecting with Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Orly-Ouest in 1h10. Direct connections link Lyon and Nantes.
Two stations are accessible in Montpellier
- The Gare Sud de France located outside the city, shuttles connect the two stations and/or the city center, several daily TGV connections connect Montpellier to Paris in 3h15.
- The SNCF Saint Roch railway station located in the city centre, several daily TGV connections link Montpellier to Paris in 3h30.
By the A9 motorway, Montpellier is about 700 km from Paris. Take exit 28 (Vendargues) on the A709, then follow signs for Montpellier (Hôpitaux-Facultés).
Coming to Inria
From the airport:
A shuttle bus (bus line 120) will drop you off in 15 minutes at the "Place de l'Europe" tramway station (lines 1 and 4). Then take the tramway line 1, direction Mosson. Get off at the "Château d'Ô" stop located on Avenue des Moulins, near Inria. Total journey time: 45 minutes to 1 hour.
From the Sud de France train station
- Tramway: A TAM shuttle bus connects Montpellier Sud de France station to the Place de France/Quartier Odysseum stop on line 1 of the Tramway in 15 minutes (every 15 minutes during rush hours). Line 1 serves Saint-Roch station in 20 minutes and Place de la Comédie in 25 minutes. It takes about 50 minutes from/to the centre of Montpellier.
- Bus: Hérault Transport: Line 620: Gare Sud de France - Montpellier station Place de l'Europe then by tramway Line 1 direction Mosson, get off at the "Château d'Ô" stop located on Avenue des Moulins, near Inria. Duration of the journey: 50 minutes.
From the station St Roch
- Tramway: Take the tramway (line 1) in front of the SNCF railway station, direction Mosson, get off at the "Château d'Ô" stop located on Avenue des Moulins, near Inria. Duration of the journey: 30 minutes.
- Bus : Take the bus number 6 in front of the railway station, direction Euromédecine, get off at the stop "St. Priest". Journey time: 30 minutes. Buses 6 and 7 have a stop "Château d'Ô".
Walk to Inria from the tram stop Château d'O:
From the Château d'O tram stop (line 1), walk up the Avenue des Moulins for 200 meters (along the tram tracks), then cross the Avenue and walk up the Rue de Saint Priest towards the St. Priest University Campus. Walking time: 10 minutes.