Winter School Robotics Principia
Understanding the fundamentals of robotics in a few days is the objective that the organizers of the winter school "The fundamentals of robotics", which will take place from 21 to 25 January 2019 at Inria, centre of Sophia Antipolis - Mediterranean, have set themselves.
- Date : 21/01/2019 to 25/01/2019
- Place : Inria Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
This school is aimed primarily at PhD students in robotics in first year and aims to teach the basics of robotics. It is organized within the framework of GdR Robotics (national network of robotics). They will be given talks by very well-known specialists working in robotics as Bruno Siciliano (Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy ), Manfred Husty (University of Innsbruck, Austria ) and many more.
The program consists of lectures in the morning and early afternoon. The rest of the afternoon and evening students will work in groups on a predefined task called "hands on" which will be given to them at the beginning and which must be done with a robotic system.
The principle of the hands on is:
- The organizers will propose a simple task to be realized in a "robotized" way at the very beginning of the school
- They will provide a robotics kit for each student groups and a set of basic tools. Only the elements of the kit and basic material such as plastic sheet, wood, paper, nails may be used
- Each group will work independently and without any external help for designing and implementing their solution for performing the proposed task
- All groups will present their system performance on the last afternoon during a public seance.
This is not a competition, there will be no winner and the purpose is to be imaginative, original, collaborative and to think "out of the box". And for sure to have fun!
More information : https://project.inria.fr/roboticsprincipia/