Technologies and Protection of your privacy on the Internet
The Techno Café, organized in partnership with UCA and Inria alumni, is on free access. They are the subject of debate around a theme between the speakers and the participants.
- Date : 13/11/2017
- Place : Learning Centre, Sophia Antipolis, 1 p.m.
- Guest(s) : Nataliia Bielova (Inria)
- Organiser(s) : Learning centre, Inria
We all use the Web every day. While we browse the Web, numerous companies are spying on our online activities by using Web technologies: they collect information about pages we visit, buttons we click and text we type. Having all this information collected, they show us advertisements or may ask us to pay a higher price during online shopping.
In this talk, I will talk about privacy on the Web, and I will answer the following questions:
- Why we should not say "I have nothing to hide"and we should be concerned with our online privacy?
- Why once I searched for a product to buy, this product is "following" on every site I visit?
- What are the techniques companies use to track me across websites?
- How can I protect myself from companies tracking my activities online?