Inria Lille - Nord Europe
A regional centre open to the world
Inria is active, alongside its academic, institutional and industrial partners, on major research and innovation projects in the ICST (Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies) sector. The Inria Lille - Nord Europe research centre provides access to the best European and international research for the benefit of innovation and companies, particularly those based in the region. Boosted by this dynamic, the centre has adopted an attractive international recruitment and hosting policy.
Our scientific challenges
The institute's strategic plan guides the research of the Lille centre towards five priority topics:
- Lifelong adaptive interaction with humans
- Bridging time and space scales
- Data science for everyone
- Towards a trustworthy Internet of Everything
- Ever-running software
Challenges and perspectives
LInria Lille - Nord Europe has 3 main priorites:
- Strengthen regional dynamics with the I-SITE ULNE project
- Increase the North-European dynamic
- To anchor in the regional industrial ecosystem
Established on a trial basis in April 2015, InriaTECH is a new initiative set up by the Inria Lille Research Centre to transfer technology from its research teams to businesses in the Hauts-de-France region. These new digital technologies are a key factor in the creation of added value, innovation and jobs. This initiative forms part of French Tech, a movement set up to encourage the growth of start-up companies.
A culture of sharing and sociability
Since its creation, the Inria Lille - Nord Europe research centre has participated in or organised events for the general public with the aim of promoting sciences and giving an insight into its research work. Work placements, open days, visits to schools: life at the centre is punctuated by events through which scientists are committed to sharing knowledge. In this way, Inria hopes to promote the image of dynamic, rich and accessible research in the Hauts-de-France region.
These articles could interest you:
Facts & figures
Find out more
- The Inria strategic plan defines the institute’s scientific priorities for tackling society’s challenges and economic issues.
- Learn more about Inria Lille - Nord Europe center main priorities.
- Inria is active, alongside its academic, institutional and industrial partners, on major research and innovation projects.