The evolution of Inria's site policy, with the inclusion of its territorial actions at the service of major university research sites, is an essential element of its Ambition 2023 project.
In this context, in addition to strengthening its existing research centres, Inria has included a project to create a full-fledged research centre in Lyon, where it has been present for many years now.
This creation will enable a new synergy in the region and the development of new interactions with academic ecosystems and industrial players.
The centre has 15 project-teams (including two in Lyon and Grenoble) and employs more than 290 people; scientists and research and innovation support staff.
Director of the Inria Lyon Centre
Positioning & Strategic issues
Scientific priority areas
- Distributed and Embedded Computing
- Modeling in life sciences
- Development of interdisciplinary project-teams
Strategic lines of development
- Full deployment of the centre
- Integration into the ecosystem
- Digital for health
- Digital and engineering
Ecosystem & Partners
The Inria centre in Lyon is an associate member of the University of Lyon.
- Public research actors: ComUE Université de Lyon, UCBL, INSA Lyon, ENS de Lyon, CNRS, Inrae, INSERM, CPE Lyon
- Innovation ecosystem: French Tech, SATT Pulsalys, INSAValor, IRT Bioaster, IRT Nanoelec; Minatec and LyonBiopôle…
- State representatives : Préfecture, Rectorat
- Local and regional authorities : AuRA region; Grand Lyon.