Inria's Associate Teams
An Associate Team is a joint research project created between an Inria project-team and a research team from abroad for a period of 3 years. The two partners jointly define a scientific objective with a clear added value for each of them, a research plan and a program for bilateral exchanges.
The regional or thematic priorities of the call reflect the institute's international strategy to anchor its presence in the world and develop strong partnerships with several countries.
The Associate Team budget is dedicated to support:
- exchanges between France and the partner country for researchers, engineers, postdoctoral fellows, PhD students and interns.
- the organization of joint workshops/working meetings.
Download the call for proposals
Participate in enhancing the international profile of digital sciences (in French)!
Objectives of the 2023 Program
Within the framework of the 2023 call, an Associate Team proposal must match one of the program objectives set out below:
- Support one of Inria’s International Laboratories (IIL) : Inria Chile, Inria-CWI, Inria@SiliconValley, JLESC, LIRIMA (details provided in appendix 1 of the call for proposals)
Develop collaboration with one of our partners who have committed to supporting Associate Teams, either through a joint call or by setting up complementary funding: with DST-CEFIPRA in India and CAS in China, and to be confirmed with the FAPs of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro in Brazil and MOST in Israel (see details in appendix 2)
Support structuring international partnerships, particularly in Europe (see details of the themes and eligible partners in appendix 3 of the call for proposals):
- Develop and strengthen collaborations in the following countries (see details in appendix 4 of the call for proposals):
- Develop collaborations with identified partners in the following countries (see details in appendix 4 of the call for projects):
- Germany: CISPA
- South Korea (5 partner institutions: KAIST, KISTI, ETRI, POSTECH, SNU)
Opening of the 2022 Call for the "Associate Team" Program
Deadline for submission for the general call and Inria-side submissions for the specific calls
Evaluation of the projects
Publication of results
Specific proposals and additional funding
For partners in India, please refer to the specific call with DST-CEFIPRA
For partners in CAS institutions in China, please refer to the specific CAS-Inria call following the confirmation of the call launch by CAS
Brazilian Research Support Foundations of Rio de Janeiro (FAPERJ) and São Paulo (FAPESP)