As a public research institution, Inria mainly recruits its permanent staff, researchers (grade "normal" class), by a competitive recruitment procedure.
The 2023 campaign opens on February 3 and the collection of applications will close on March 5, 2023.
- Deadline to apply: March 5, 2023
- Pre-selection: March 23 to April 18
- Eligibility: May 3 to June 7, 2023
- Admission: June 14, 2023
- There is no restriction on the age or nationality of applicants
- In line with its diversity policy, all Inria posts are accessible to disabled employees. If you need any information, please contact : email@example.com
- The following may apply:
- holders of a PhD or equivalent degree;
- applicants who have gained scientific qualifications or carried out scientific work deemed to be of an equivalent level.
How to apply?
To apply, you must first create your applicant space. Positions are open in all Inria Research Centres. A candidate wishing to apply to several Inria Research Centres must submit separate applications. He or she will be able to adapt the content of his or her application depending on the Research Centre to which he or she is applying.
- Admissibility: First Inria checks that each applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
- Pre-selection based on the application: the admissibility board considers the eligible applications. After careful consideration, the Board will draw up a list of applicants who can go on to the next stage. These applicants are invited to interview.
- Interviews and admissibility results: the applicants admitted to the next stage are then called to interview. After careful consideration, the admissibility board draws up a list of admissible applicants.
- Admission: the admission board examines the applications of the admissible applicants and draws up a list of those to be offered posts.
Given Inria’s organisational structure, all researchers will be assigned to a project team. Applicants therefore generally specify to which project team they would like to be assigned in their application file. When this is the case, they are strongly advised to contact the leader of the desired project team in advance.
However, it is also possible to submit an application without specifying a host project team. In this case, one or more host teams may be proposed to candidates who are declared admissible, between the admissibility phase and the admission phase. These proposed assignments will take account of the applicant's and the teams' aspirations, as well as Inria’s scientific policy.
Consult the documents concerning the recruitment campaign (some will be published as soon as the campaign is launched):