The evaluation commission contributes to the evaluation of the activity of the project-teams, to the recruitment and the promotion of the researchers, and to the scientific orientations of the institute. Its president is Anne Canteaut, scientific leader.
The Evaluation Committee is a largely autonomous committee composed of selected Inria scientists and outside experts. It is at the forefront of scientific assessment at the Institute. In cooperation with the Research Department, it coordinates the external evaluation of Inria project teams in each field of research. It constitutes the core of recruitment assessment committees, which also include outside experts nominated by general management, and of internal promotion committees. Finally, the Evaluation Committee participates in the assessment of new project and ongoing collaborative scientific work actions at Inria.
To fulfill its mission the Evaluation Committee forms working groups that address different concerns such as gender equality, software quality assessment, technology transfer, and scientific knowledge dissemination. It also conducts strategic reflections about the evolution of the Inria research fields and of the involved research professions.
The Evaluation Committee has 40 members:
- 20 members appointed by the chairman of the Institute, including 10 upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- 20 elected members of the institution's personnel.
Half of the appointed members are chosen outside the Institute. The chairman of this committee is appointed by the chairman of the Institute, upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- Chairman: Anne Canteaut, Inria Paris
- Vice-chairman: Manuel Serrano (Inria centre at Université Côte d’Azur)
15 members elected researchers:
- Incumbents: Catherine Bonnet, Francis Colas, Laure Gonnord, Benjamin Guedj, Sébastien Impériale, Valérie Issarny, Jing-Rebecca Li, Luc Maranget, Anne-Cécile Orgerie, Guillaume Pallez, Xavier Pennec, Xavier Rival, Aline Roumy, Elias Tsigaridas, Olivier Zendra
- Alternates: Michel Bergmann, Luce Brotcorne, Alain Couvreur, Nicolas Crouseilles, Walid Dabbous, Éric Fabre, Claudia-Lavinia Ignat, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes, Maria Naya Plasencia, Vincent Perrier, Jean-Baptiste Pomet, Sylvain Salvati, Olivier Sentieys, Rosane Ushirobira, Emmanuel Thomé
5 members elected personal engineers and technicians:
- Incumbents: Laurie Barbarin, Cécile Bouton, Marc Fuentes, Stéphane Glondu, Sophie Perin
- Alternates: Stan Borkowski, Bruno Carrez, Alain Crenn, Philippe Gesnouin, Ortenca Shaqiri
10 internally appointed members:
- Incumbents: Anne Canteaut, David Coudert, Hidde de Jong, Miguel Fernandez, Stéphane Huot, Emmanuel Jeannot, Stephan Merz, Christine Morin, Manuel Serrano, Bertrand Thirion
- Alternates: Nicolas Anciaux, Francis Bach, Florence Forbes, Paulo Gonçalves, Céline Grandmont, Laurent Mevel, Nathalie Mitton, Mario Ricchiuto, Emmanuel Vincent
10 externally appointed members:
François Bancilhon, Christine Chevallereau, Stéphane Conversy, Jean-Michel Dalle, Michel Dhome, Frédérick Garcia, Sylvie Meleard, Thomas Noël, Valérie Perrier, Vivien Quema