The evaluation commission contributes to the evaluation of the activity of the project-teams, to the recruitment and the promotion of the researchers, and to the scientific orientations of the institute. Its president is Pierre Alliez, scientific leader.
The Evaluation Committee is a largely autonomous committee composed of selected Inria scientists and outside experts. It is at the forefront of scientific assessment at the Institute. In cooperation with the Research Department, it coordinates the external evaluation of Inria project teams in each field of research. It constitutes the core of recruitment assessment committees, which also include outside experts nominated by general management, and of internal promotion committees. Finally, the Evaluation Committee participates in the assessment of new project and ongoing collaborative scientific work actions at Inria.
To fulfill its mission the Evaluation Committee forms working groups that address different concerns such as gender equality, software quality assessment, technology transfer, and scientific knowledge dissemination. It also conducts strategic reflections about the evolution of the Inria research fields and of the involved research professions.
The Evaluation Committee has 40 members:
- 20 members appointed by the chairman of the Institute, including 10 upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- 20 elected members of the institution's personnel.
Half of the appointed members are chosen outside the Institute. The chairman of this committee is appointed by the chairman of the Institute, upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- Chairwoman: Pierre Alliez, Inria Centre at Université Côte d'Azur
- Vice-chairwomen: Luce Brotcorne, Inria Centre at the University of Lille ;Christine Morin, Inria Centre at Rennes University
15 members elected researchers:
- Incumbents: Olivier Ali, Michel Bergmann, Luce Brotcorne, Fabien Campillo, Nicolas Champagnant, Frederic Chyzak, Alain Couvreur, Benjamin Guedj, Élise Jeanneau, Hélène Le Cadre, Luc Maranget, Camille Maumet, Philippe Merle, Giovanni Neglia, Nathalie Revol
- Alternates: Assia Mahboubi, Benoît Sagot, Coralie Fritsch, Daniel Racoceanu, Diane Peurichard, Dmitry Sokolov, Elias Tsigaridas, Eric Fabre, Frédéric Vivien, Gaëtan Leurent, Iona Manolescu, Julien Salomon, Olivier Goury, Pierre-Brice Wieber, Sylvain Salvati
5 members elected personal engineers and technicians:
- Incumbents: Ariane Beauvillard, Hélène Bessin-Rousseau, Marie-Agnès Enard, Elise Taillant, Guillaume Turpin
- Alternates: Soraya Arias, Fabienne Elbar, Philippe Gesnouin, Mélanie Raimbault, Gaëlle Tworkowski
10 internally appointed members:
- Incumbents: appointment in progress
- Alternates: appointment in progress
10 externally appointed members:
appointment in progress