The evaluation commission contributes to the evaluation of the activity of the project-teams, to the recruitment and the promotion of the researchers, and to the scientific orientations of the institute. Its president is Anne Canteaut, scientific leader.
The Evaluation Committee is a largely autonomous committee composed of selected Inria scientists and outside experts. It is at the forefront of scientific assessment at the Institute. In cooperation with the Research Department, it coordinates the external evaluation of Inria project teams in each field of research. It constitutes the core of recruitment assessment committees, which also include outside experts nominated by general management, and of internal promotion committees. Finally, the Evaluation Committee participates in the assessment of new project and ongoing collaborative scientific work actions at Inria.
To fulfill its mission the Evaluation Committee forms working groups that address different concerns such as gender equality, software quality assessment, technology transfer, and scientific knowledge dissemination. It also conducts strategic reflections about the evolution of the Inria research fields and of the involved research professions.
The Evaluation Committee has 40 members:
- 20 members appointed by the chairman of the Institute, including 10 upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- 20 elected members of the institution's personnel.
Half of the appointed members are chosen outside the Institute. The chairman of this committee is appointed by the chairman of the Institute, upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- Chairman: Anne Canteaut, Inria Paris
- Vice-chairman: Manuel Serrano (Inria Sophia-Antipolis Méditerranée)
15 members elected researchers:
- Incumbents: Catherine Bonnet, Francis Colas, Laure Gonnord, Benjamin Guedj, Valérie Issarny, Jing-Rebecca Li, Luc Maranget, Nathalie Mitton, Anne-Cécile Orgerie, Guillaume Pallez, Xavier Pennec, Xavier Rival, Aline Roumy, Elias Tsigaridas, Olivier Zendra
- Alternates: Luce Brotcorne, Carlos Canudas de Wit, Aline Carneiro Viana, Alain Couvreur, Nicolas Crouseilles, Éric Fabre, Claudia-Lavinia Ignat, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes, Maria Naya Plasencia, Vincent Perrier, Jean-Baptiste Pomet, Sylvain Salvati, Olivier Sentieys, Rosane Ushirobira, Emmanuel Thomé
5 members elected personal engineers and technicians:
- Incumbents: Laurie Barbarin, Cécile Bouton, Marc Fuentes, Stéphane Glondu, Sophie Perin
- Alternates: Stan Borkowski, Bruno Carrez, Alain Crenn, Philippe Gesnouin, Ortenca Shaqiri
10 internally appointed members:
- Incumbents: Pierre Alliez, Anne Canteaut, Bertrand Thirion, Miguel Fernandez, Stéphane Huot, Emmanuel Jeannot, Stephan Merz, Christine Morin, Manuel Serrano, Jean-Bernard Stefani
- Alternates: Francis Bach, Sylvie Boldo, Fabien Gandon, Jean-Marie Gorce, Céline Grandmont, Laurent Mével, Philippe Preux, Mario Ricchiuto, Emmanuel Vincent
10 externally appointed members :
François Bancilhon, Christine Chevallereau, Stéphane Conversy, Jean-Michel Dalle, Michel Dhome, Frédérick Garcia, Sylvie Meleard, Thomas Noël, Valérie Perrier, Vivien Quema.