Inria is launching a call for applications for 3 chairs of junior professor. Join us!
Recruitment of 3 junior professorships in 2023 and 1 chair in 2021
Chairs of junior professor are proposed to researchers in the first part of their career, with a strong potential to supervise and lead a research team, as well as to participate in national, European or international projects.
These positions are based on a fixed-term contracts (CDD) for a period of 3 to 6 years before tenure as Inria senior researcher.
They are awarded with a teaching service in an Inria partner higher education institution (approximately 28 of lectures or 42 hours of hands-on) and a package sufficient to carry out a research project.
The implementation of this new recruitment system is in line with Inria's scientific strategy and meets a twofold ambition:
- Enhanced interaction with the site's partner university and research institutes in order to promote multi/interdisciplinary research;
- A stronger international attractiveness of research careers in the first part of their career.
- There is no restriction on the age or nationality of applicants
- As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities, with special arrangements for tests made necessary by the nature of the disability;
- The following may apply: holders of a PhD or equivalent degree or applicants who have gained scientific qualifications or carried out scientific work deemed to be of an equivalent level.
- These positions are open to junior researchers with the potential to supervise and lead research or with at least 6 years of research experience.
How to apply?
- Consult the junior professorships offered below;
- Contact the director of the Inria research center concerned by the chair to discuss the possibility of hosting it;
- Create your candidate area
- Apply online
List of Junior faculty chairs open for 2023 campaign:
- SSC: Sovereign systems and clouds (Grenoble Alpes University) - Apply
- CAIMAn : Cancer: Artificial Intelligence for Multiomics ANalyses (Lyon research center) - Apply
- Machine learning et équations d'évolution (Inria Paris Centre at Sorbonne University) - Apply
List of Junior faculty chairs open for 2023 campaign (3rd session):
- Collection of applications: from April 18, 2023 to May 21, 2023
- Eligibility: May 22, 2023
- Selection of applications: from June 12 to 23, 2023
- Hearings: from June 26, 2023 to July 7, 2023
- Assumption of duties : As of September 1, 2023
*The dates for the selection of applications and the interviews will be specified later.
- Eligibility: First Inria checks that each applicant meets the eligibility conditions.
- Selection based on the application: a committee considers the applications. After careful consideration, the committee will draw up a list of applicants who can go on to the next stage. These applicants are invited to interview.
Applications must be completed by Inria with letters of recommendation from scientific personalities nominated by the applicants, as well as a substantiated statement of opinion by the head of the host project-team (in the case of an application in an existing project-team) and by the director of the Inria research center.
- Interviews: the applicants admitted to the next stage are then called to interview. After careful consideration, the committee proposes a candidate for each Chair to the President and CEO of Inria.
This stage may include one or more on-site or remote work placements, in particular in the form of one or more lessons on a free or imposed theme, a seminar to present research work or a meeting with the researchers of the project-team (in the case of an application in an existing project-team).
During these simulation phases, the committee acts as an observer and ensures that the simulation runs smoothly.
- Recruitment decision: following the deliberations of the committee, the President and CEO of Inria decides on the outcome of the recruitment process.