Three AI Chairs open for applications
Inria is launching a call for applications for the recruitment of three senior or junior high-level scientists in Artificial Intelligence. This recruitment is part of the Choose France programme of the national AI strategy launched by President Macron in 2018.
Inria is leading this recruitment on behalf of all French research and higher education institutions as coordinator of the research component of the national AI strategy.
To apply, several conditions must be met:
- Candidates must currently hold a position outside France. There is no nationality requirement. Applicants may come from the academic or industrial world. As the objective of the programme is to strengthen the French national resources in artificial intelligence, candidates are expected to settle permanently in France.
- Applicants must have at least post-tenure status or equivalent, be internationally recognised, influential and productive (publications, projects, partnerships, etc.).
The committee will pay particular attention to the following qualities :
- international visibility and scientific leadership
- ability to open up new avenues of research, or to create new disciplines
- creativity, originality and open-mindedness
- ability to lead a team of high-level permanent and non-permanent researchers
- willingness to develop a sustainable activity in the French higher education and research landscape
- ability to interact with economic actors, to stimulate innovation and to potentially support the creation of technological start-ups.
Apply now !
To apply, send the following documents by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 24 October 2021:
- Cover letter and CV
- Description of Research experience and research plans (5 pages maximum). Make sure to address the qualities listed above. At the top of the first page, please include 3-5 keywords describing your research interests.
- Description of teaching experience and goals (2 pages maximum, if you desire a joint appointment with a university)
- List of people (minimum 3) whom we may contact for letters of reference (do NOT send letters)
Deadline for materials is Sunday October 24th, 2021