Launch of 2nd edition of Inria-CNIL Privacy Award
Inria / Photo H. Raguet
The second edition of the CNIL-INRIA "Privacy Protection" Award starts on 2 May 2017. It will reward a scientific paper on privacy and personal data protection published in 2015-2016. The award is intended to raise awareness and promote research on privacy and data protection.
On 25 January 2017, during the 10th edition of the international conference Computer Privacy and Data Protection (CPDP) in Brussels, Isabelle Falque-Pierrotin, President of CNIL, and François Sillion, Deputy Vice President of Science at INRIA, presented the first CNIL-INRIA award to co-authors Michael Backes, Manuel Barbosa, Dario Fiore and Raphael M. Reischuk for their paper: “ADSNARK: Nearly Practical and Privacy-Preserving Proofs on Authenticated Data”.
After the success of this first edition, a call is launched for the second edition of the award: submitted papers must concern work conducted at least in part in a research centre located inside the European Union and must aim at improving the protection of personal data, privacy or the transparency of algorithms. The article must be written in French or English and describe a fundamental research result, a technical innovation, a didactic presentation of the state of the art, or an interdisciplinary approach.
Possible topics include (without limitation):
- Privacy by design
- Algorithm transparency
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs)
- Privacy risk analysis
- Control on personal data
Award Jury :
- Emiliano De Cristofaro, University College, London
- Josep Domingo-Ferrer, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, UNESCO Chair in Data Privacy
- Simone Fischer-Hübner, Karlstad University
- Sébastien Gambs, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Krishna Gummadi, Max Planck Institute
- Jaap-Henk Hoepman, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, Imperial College, London
- Daniel Le Métayer, Inria (chairman)
- Gwendal Le Grand, CNIL
- Claude Castelluccia, Inria
- Matthieu Grall (CNIL)
Applications should be send using Easychair.
To get more informations about the award or the participation rules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.