The start-up Deepomatic, which develops a visual recognition solution, is joining the AI Factory programme - as revealed on Tuesday by Microsoft France during the presentation of its 2018 roadmap. The role of Microsoft AI Factory is to stimulate the emergence of French champions of artificial intelligence.
The CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) and Inria have awarded the 2017 "privacy protection" Prize to a European research team. During the 11th international conference Computers Privacy and Data Protection (CPDP) to Seda GÜRSES, Carmela TRONCOSO and Claudia DIAZ for their article « Engineering privacy by design reloaded ».
As part of La Science se Livre, an event aimed at promoting scientific culture, the Hauts-de-Seine department has given an award to two Inria researchers, Gilles Dowek and Serge Abiteboul, from the Deducteam (Saclay - Île-de-France Centre) and Valda (Paris centre) teams respectively, for their book entitled Le Temps des algorithmes .
François Sillion was appointed acting CEO on January 22. He succeeds Antoine Petit, who had been running the institute since 2014 and was appointed head of CNRS on 17 January. François Sillion was Inria's Deputy CEO for Science since 2014.
‘Semaine du Son’
An environment that is too noisy can be a source of stress for students.Tohu-Bahuthas set itself the goal of raising awareness among secondary school and sixth-form students with regard to noise pollution. This mobile application enables students to measure noise in the different areas of their school.Tohu-Bahut will be tested for the first time at the Semaine du Son (Week of Sound). This project, which originated during a hackathon, has been implemented thanks to the partnership between Réseau Canopé, Inria, the start-up Ambiciti and with the support of the GMF.
Here they tell us about their involvement
On Wednesday 10 January Jean-Michel Blanquer, French Minister for National Education, appointed the members of the Scientific Council of National Education and presented their missions. They include Gérard Berry, holder of the Algorithms, Machines and Languages chair at the Collège de France.
On Wednesday 17 January, Inria and the Francophone University Agency (AUF) signed a framework agreement to strengthen their collaboration in the digital field.
InriaSoft aims for the durable development of large-scale software programs by bringing together their user communities within consortia that will finance a team of engineers tasked with their maintenance and evolution. The InriaSoft headquarters are based in Rennes, as Claude Labit, director, and David Margery, technical director of this national action backed by the Fondation Inria, explain.
Inria Research Centers
- François Baccelli, winner of an ERC Advanced Grant
- Meeting with ERC 2017 laureate George Drettakis
- Meeting with ERC 2017 laureate Xavier Pennec
- Helping Robots Gently Navigate Through Thick Crowds
- Demian Wassermann : code our current knowledge of the brain
- Best Paper at EKM 2018 for Catherine Faron-Zucker and Oscaro Rodriguez Rocha
- Holger Heumann et Blaise Faugeras named ITER scientist fellows 2018
- Honorable Mention ACM SIGMOD Jim Gray Dissertation Award for Luis Galarraga from Lacodam research team at the conference SIGMOD 2018
- Best student paper award for Etienne Miquey from Gallinette team for the conference LICS’2018
- The synthesis of artificial cellular microreactors on the front page of Molecular Systems Biology scientific journal