- HAL publications
VALSE Research team
Finite-time control and estimation for distrubed systems
- Leader : Denis Efimov
- Type : team
- Research center(s) : Lille
- Field : Applied Mathematics, Computation and Simulation
- Theme : Optimization and control of dynamic systems
- Inria teams are typically groups of researchers working on the definition of a common project, and objectives, with the goal to arrive at the creation of a project-team. Such project-teams may include other partners (universities or research institutions)
The information revolution brings new possibilities related with Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems in robotics, health monitoring and transportation: everything becomes a sensor being sometimes equipped with a possibility of actuating its immediate neighborhood. Then the questions appear: how to use this information about environment, people, society? And how to feedback it?
Valse team studies the problems arising in the analysis of distributed, uncertain and interconnected dynamical systems, with design of estimation and control algorithms:
- Using the concepts of finite-time/fixed-time/hyperexponential convergence and stability, the main idea is to separate and hierarchize in time the control and estimation processes, which are distributed in space. This greatly simplifies their analysis and the design for large-scale solutions.
- The main area of investigation and application is constituted by Internet of things and cyber-physical systems.
- The team aims to draw up algorithms for distributed finite-time control and estimation. The methodological tools to be developed include extensions of the theory of homogeneous systems and of finite-time/fixed-time/hyperexponential convergence and stability notions. A particular attention is given to applications in real-world scenarios.
- It is a joint proposal with the University of Lille (Centrale Lille, CRIStAL UMR-CNRS 9189), which follows Non-A team.
Valse team performs in the domains of automatic control, dynamical systems, estimation and stabilization. Our developments are focused on the theoretical and applied aspects related to control and estimation of large-scale multi-sensor and multi-actuator systems based on the use of the theories of finite-time/fixed-time/hyperexponential convergence and homogeneous systems. The Lyapunov function method and other methods of analysis of dynamical systems form a basis for the studies in Valse team.
The basic idea of research for the team is that a fast non-asymptotic convergence of the regulation and estimation errors increases reliability of intelligent distributed actuators and sensors in complex scenarios, such as in interconnected cyber-physical systems.
International and industrial relations
International: H2020 EJC UCoCoS: Understanding and Controling Complex Systems http://ucocos.cs.kuleuven.be/ - Inria Associate Team HoTSMoCE: Homogeneity Tools for Sliding Mode Control and Estimation https://team.inria.fr/non-a/asso-team-hotsmoce/ - Inria Northern European Associate Team with IBM, Ireland: Minimax algorithms in homogeneous systems - Inria Northern European Associate Team with Uppsala University: Efficient Estimation and Control Algorithms in Wearable Devices for Health and Care (WeCare)
National: ANR Digitslid: Différentiateurs et commandes homogènes par modes glissants multivalués
en temps discret: l'approche implicite - ANR Finite4SoS: Finite-time Control and Estimation for Systems of Systems http://finite4sos.gforge.inria.fr/ - ANR WaQMoS: Coastal waters quality surveillance using bivalve mollusk-based sensors https://team.inria.fr/non-a/anr-waqmos/ - ANR TurboTouch http://mjolnir.lille.inria.fr/turbotouch/, ANR Rocc-Sys https://sites.google.com/site/roccsys/ - IPL COSY https://project.inria.fr/iplcosy/fr/ - CPER DATA "ControlHub" - CPER ELSAT "Contratech" - Ellcie Healthy http://ellcie-healthy.com/en/
International: InterReg SYSIASS : Autonomous and Intelligent Healthcare System - http://www.sysiass.eu - FP7 HYCON2 : Highly-complex and networked control systems - http://www.hycon2.eu European GDR : Time Delay Systems PHC Volubilis PHC Galileo - SICK (Allemagne) www.sick.com
National: ANR CHASLIM (2011-2015, http://chaslim.gforge.inria.fr), Inria ADT SENSROB : Robotics and Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks - http://sensas.gforge.inria.fr - ARCIR ESTIREZ (Région Hauts de France) Estimation distribuée de systèmes dynamiques en réseaux http://ia.ur.mines-douai.fr/en/projet_regional_estirez/ - ADT SEEC (Inria Lille) - Industrie : ALIEN SAS (France) http://alien-sas.com - La Maison Attentive http://lamaisonattentive.fr/ - Noolitic http://www.noolitic.com/ - Neotrope http://neotrope.fr/
Research teams of the same theme :
- CAGE - Control and Geometry
- COMMANDS - Control, Optimization, Models, Methods and Applications for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems
- DISCO - Dynamical Interconnected Systems in COmplex Environments
- FACTAS - Functional Analysis for the ConcerpTion and Assessment of Systems
- I4S - Statistical Inference for Structural Health Monitoring
- MCTAO - Mathematics for Control, Transport and Applications
- NECS-POST - Networked Controlled Systems
- QUANTIC - QUANTum Information Circuits
- SPHINX - Heterogeneous Systems: Inverse Problems, Control and Stabilization, Simulation
- TRIPOP - Modélisation, simulation et commande des systèmes dynamiques non lisses
- TROPICAL - Tropical methods: structures, algorithms and interactions