We work on the foundations of the next generation of data analytics and data-centric programming systems. These systems extend ideas from programming languages, artificial intelligence, data management systems, and theory. Data-intensive applications are increasingly more demanding in sophisticated algorithms to represent, store, query, process, analyse and interpret data. We build and study data-centric programming methods and systems at the core of artificial intelligence applications. Challenges include the robust and efficient processing of large amounts of structured, heterogeneous, and distributed data.
TYREX Research team
Types and Reasoning for the Web
- Leader : Pierre Genevès
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Grenoble
- Field : Perception, Cognition and Interaction
- Theme : Data and Knowledge Representation and Processing
- Partner(s) : Institut polytechnique de Grenoble,CNRS,Université de Grenoble Alpes
- Collaborator(s) : UJF (GRENOBLE), GRENOBLE INP, CNRS, UPMF (GRENOBLE)
On the data-intensive application side, our current focus is on building efficient and scalable analytics systems. Our technical contributions particularly focus on the optimization, compilation, and synthesis of information extraction and analytics code, in particular with large amounts of data.
On the theoretical side, we develop the foundations of data-centric systems and analytics engines with a particular focus on the analysis and typing of data manipulations. We focus in particular on the foundations of programming with distributed data collections. We also study the algebraic and logical foundations of query languages, for their analysis and their evaluation.
Research teams of the same theme :
- CEDAR - Rich Data Exploration at Cloud Scale
- GRAPHIK - GRAPHs for Inferences and Knowledge representation
- LACODAM - Large scale Collaborative Data Mining
- LINKS - Linking Dynamic Data
- MAGNET - Machine Learning in Information Networks
- MOEX - Evolving Knowledge
- ORPAILLEUR - Knowledge representation, reasonning
- PETRUS - PErsonal & TRUSted cloud
- VALDA - Value from Data
- WIMMICS - Web-Instrumented Man-Machine Interactions, Communities and Semantics
- ZENITH - Scientific Data Management