SPADES Research team
Sound Programming of Adaptive Dependable Embedded Systems
- Leader : Gregor Goessler
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Grenoble
- Field : Algorithmics, Programming, Software and Architecture
- Theme : Embedded and Real-time Systems
- Partner(s) : Institut polytechnique de Grenoble
- Collaborator(s) : Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (LIG) (UMR5217)
The SPADES project-team aims at mastering the complexity and dependability of networked embedded computing systems by focusing on three key questions:
- How to build networked embedded systems as adaptive modular structures?
- How to program systems with resource and behavioral constraints on multicore architectures?
- How to program reliable and fault-tolerant embedded systems with different levels of criticality?
- Components and contracts
- Semantical foundations for embedded component-based design.
- Composition and contracts for embedded component-based design.
- Real-time energy-efficient multicore programming
- GALS programming languages.
- High-level programming languages for Precision-Timed machines.
- Specialized programming models and languages.
- Language-based fault tolerance
- Composable abstractions for fault-tolerant programming.
- Separating fault-tolerance concerns.
- Tracking and exploiting causality for fault-tolerance.
International and industrial relations
- Thales: Early Performance assessment for evolving and variable Cyber-Physical Systems.
- Daimler: Typical Worst Case Response-Time Analysis and its Use in Automotive Network Design.
- Orange R&D: GlobalOS framework. Data-flow models of computation of SDR and IoT applications.
Research teams of the same theme :
- AOSTE2 - Models and methods of analysis and optimization for systems with real-time and embedded contraints
- HYCOMES - Modélisation hybride & conception par contrats pour les systèmes embarqués multi-physiques
- KAIROS - Logical Time for Formal Embedded System Design
- PARKAS - Parallélisme de Kahn Synchrone
- TEA - Time, Events and Architectures