SIAMES Research team
Computer generated images, animation, modeling and simulation
- Leader : Bruno Arnaldi
- Research center(s) : CRI Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
- Field : Cognitive systems
- Theme : Image synthesis and virtual reality
Team presentationThis project considers all methods needed for producing sequences of computer-generated images. There are three key tracks:
- computer graphics, where we are seeking to define algorithms;
- simulation, with the aim of matching our algorithms against numerical values measured on a real site;
- the system organization to process "life-size" cases and validate our approach by implementing them.
- Modelling complex scenes (3D) and especially the shape of objects in terms of constraints and properties.
- Simulation of lighting: introduction of lighting models based on physics.
- Simulation of physical systems: study of computing diagrams needed to produce the equations controlling these systems.
- Parallel algorithms: research into reducing the complexity of sequential algorithms and the study of parallel schemes for these algorithms.
International and industrial relations
- Giat-Industrie: Virtual Training.
- RNRT VTHD++
- ROBEA ECOVIA : Study of Visuo-Haptic Integration
- TCAN AMELIE : Multidisciplinary Approach for Cognition and Interaction in Immersive Virtual Environments
- ROBEA Bayesian Models for Motion Generation
- RNTL SALOME2
- NoE: Intuition : core group member
Keywords: Geometry Declarative modelling Computer graphics Colour measurement Photometry Radiosity Modelling Consistency Scene animation Mechanics Formal computing Simulation Object-based design Control Constra