- HAL publications
ROBOTVIS Research team
Computer Vision and Robotics
- Leader : Olivier Faugeras
- Research center(s) : CRI Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
- Field : Human-computer interaction, images processing, data management, knowledge systems
- Theme : Vision, Image Analysis and Synthesis
This project aims to develop the theory and practice of machine visual perception. To this end, the team is building mathematical and computational tools and testing results against real applications and performance in biological systems.
- In order to solve a given visual perception task, we must first answer the following questions: What information is to be extracted from images and what sort of mathematics allows this? What are the uses of these methods and what experiments can adequately validate them? And what computing architectures will execute these algorithms in real-time in a given application?
- Theoretical problems: early vision, perception of distances and movements, the representation of object shapes, the recognition of objets or places, co-operation between visual and inertial modalities, relations between learning and visual perception, active visual perception.
International and industrial relations
- Collaboration with Cnes, Elsag, Esa, Gec, Plessay, Itmi, Matra, MS2I, Noesis, Sagem, Sfim, and Thomson.
- Participation in several Esprit BRA projects including Insight and Viva.