POTIOC Research team
Popular interaction with 3d content
The Potioc project-team explores new approaches “beyond the mouse” in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. More specifically, we are interested in approaches that favor rich interactions,both regarding interaction possibilities and perceptive feedback. Our objective is to increase immersion and engagement of users with regard to the interaction tasks. Final goals are the stimulation of creativity, improvement of learning or contribution to the well-being of people. For achieving these goals, we focus on the design, development and evaluation of new methods for “popular interaction” targeted at a large variety of users.
To answer these questions, we apply a multidisciplinary approach that is based on
- The study and modeling of sensory-motor and cognitive capacities of users. We notably work with experts in cognitive sciences for these questions.
- The design and development of interactive devices that exploit 3D interaction, tangible interaction, virtual reality, augmented reality, brain-computer interfaces and physiological computing.
- The grounding of our work on concrete usage scenarios and the exploration of new usages. In particular, we work with teachers, specialists in education sciences and mediators in museums.
International and industrial relations
Our current collaborations include:
- The Immersion company
- Cap Sciences, which is dedicated to the widespread of scientific culture
- University of Sussex
- Ulster University
- RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Japan
- University of Freiburg, Germany
Research teams of the same theme :
- AVIZ - Analysis and Visualization
- EX-SITU - Extreme Situated Interacton
- GRAPHDECO - GRAPHics and DEsign with hEterogeneous COntent
- HYBRID - 3D interaction with virtual environments using body and mind
- ILDA - Interacting with Large Data
- IMAGINE - Intuitive Modeling and Animation for Interactive Graphics & Narrative Environments
- LOKI - Technology & Knowledge for Interaction
- MANAO - Melting the frontiers between Light, Shape and Matter
- MAVERICK - Models and Algorithms for Visualization and Rendering
- MIMETIC - Analysis-Synthesis Approach for Virtual Human Simulation
- TITANE - Geometric Modeling of 3D Environments