POMDAPI Research team
Environmental Modeling, Optimization and Programming Models
- Leader : Jérôme Jaffré
- Research center(s) : CRI de Paris
- Field : Digital Health, Biology and Earth
- Theme : Earth, Environmental and Energy Sciences
Team presentationThe project team Pomdapi is concerned with the construction and analysis of simulation tools for the modeling of environmental and energy problems. These tools include numerical approximation schemes for partial differential equations, nonlinear solvers, and numerical techniques in optimization and complementarity problems. We are equally interested in reliable and correct programming methods for the implementation of these tools.
- Flow and transport in the subsurface
- Various problems in differentiable optimization
- Finite volume methods and mixed finite element methods
- Domain decomposition and model coupling
- Continuous and differentiable optimization, complementarity problems
- Functional programming and formal proof for scientific computing
International and industrial relations
- Agence nationale pour la gestion des déchets radioactifs; Électricité de France.
- École nationale d'ingénieurs de Tunisie (LAMSIN, LMHE); University Ibn Tofaïl, Kenitra, Maroc; Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (Center of Applicable Mathematics), Bangalore, India; University of Erlangen-Nuremberg; University of Stuttgart; University of Texas at Austin (CSM); Politecnico di Milano (MOX).
Keywords: Flow in porous media Contaminant transport Mixed finite elements Domain decomposition Continuous and differentiable optimization Complementarity problems Parallel computing Functional programming Formal proof of numerical programs