- HAL publications
POLKA Research team
Polynomials, Combinatorics, Arithmetic
- Leader : Grigory Koutcherov
- Research center(s) : CRI Nancy - Grand Est
- Field : Software engineering and symbolic computing
- Theme : Algorithms and Computational Algebra
Team presentationThe Polka project is linked to the research theme "Software Engineering and Symbolic Computing" at INRIA, more exactly to the research programme "Algorithmic and Computational Algebra".
The general aim is to develop systematic methods dealing with some well defined categories of algorithmic problems, then to implement these methods effectively in order to process full-size applications.
Polka is a common project with CNRS, the Institut national polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL), the University Henri Poincaré-Nancy 1 and the University Nancy 2 (within the Loria).
- Polynomials (factorization, system solving, symbolic and numerical).
- Arithmetic (diophantine equations, reliable computing).
- Combinatorics (counting, random generation).
International and industrial relations
- "Alea" working group of GDR-PRC AMI.
- "Computer science and genome" network of CNRS.
- "Algorithmic and combinatorics of discrete structures" project of the Liapounov Institute.