- HAL publications
PARA Research team
- Leader : Jean-jacques Lévy
- Research center(s) : CRI de Paris
- Field : Networks and systems
- Theme : Distributed and Real-Time Programming
Team presentationThis research is dedicated to the theoretical and practical aspects of compiling functional languages on multi-processor machines.
- Theory: we examine the various levels of compilation such as re-writing systems for first-order terms, and study the convergence and suitability of these systems.
- Practice: the language ML has been installed in several shared-memory Sequent, Encore and Kendal Square machine using Multi-Lisp, or on LML graph-reduction machines. Our long term goal is to analyze program dependencies (to enable parallelism to be synthesized) and improve performance in compiling functional languages for parallel machines.
International and industrial relations
- Collaboration in the Esprit Confer project (our project is site coordinator).