ONDES Research team
Modeling, analysis and simulation of wave propagation phenomena
- Leader : Patrick Joly
- Research center(s) : CRI de Paris
- Field : Algorithmics, Programming, Software and Architecture
- Theme : Algorithms, Certification, and Cryptography
The activity of the project is centered on the conception, analysis, numerical approximation and control of mathematical models for the description of wave propagation phenomena arising in mechanics, physics and the engineering sciences.
Research themesIn addition to the general objective of advancing scientific knowlege, the project has three goals:
- The development of an expertise with regard to problems related to
the four types of waves, acoustic, gravity, elastodynamic and
electromagnetic, as well as to numerical methods for the
solution of the equations associated with these waves.
- The treatment of complex problems, concerning models sufficiently close to concrete problems.
- The developement of new numerical methods.
The study of such problems leads naturally to important industrial applications. In treating these problems we are concerned with the following three aspects:
- The development of physical and mathematical models and the construction of approximate models obtained by asymptotic methods.
- The theoretical study of questions concerning existence, uniqueness and the essential qualitative properties of the mathematical models.
- The development, analysis and implementation of numerical methods, the study of the precision and stability of these methods and the fine tuning, vectorization, and parallelization of the ensuing algorithms.
International and industrial relations
- Industrial relationships : EDF, IFP, EADS, IFREMER, Dassault, ONERA, DGA, ...
- Academic Contacts : Ecole Polytechnique, University of Delaware, University of Tampere, University of Santiago de Compostelle, New University of Lisbon...