ODYSSEE Research team
Computer and biological vision
- Leader : Rachid Deriche
- Research center(s) : CRI Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
- Field : Computational Sciences for Biology, Medicine and the Environment
- Theme : Computational Medicine and Neurosciences
- Partner(s) : CNRS,Ecole normale supérieure de Paris
- Collaborator(s) : CNRS, INRIA, ENS ULM (PARIS)
Team presentationThe ODYSSEE research project-team is located in Sophia-Antipolis, in rue d'Ulm in Paris and in Champs-sur-Marne near Paris.
At a more general level, biological visual perception, in particular in humans and monkeys is not well understood not to mention modelled. Pushing the state of the art of this understanding is a great scientific and philosophical challenge that shapes the general framework of our research.
Research themesWe pursue three main areas of research:
- Variational methods and partial differential equations for vision
- Functional imaging for observing brain activity
- Modelling brain activity
The team ODYSSEE
is stopped since 12/31/2009