MERE Research team
Water Resource Modeling
- Leader : Alain Rapaport
- Research center(s) : CRI Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
- Field : Computational Sciences for Biology, Medicine and the Environment
- Theme : Observation, Modeling, and Control for Life Sciences
- Partner(s) : INRA
- Collaborator(s) : INRA
Team presentationA joint project with INRA Water is an increasingly scarce resource that must be preserved the best we can. The project activity is focused on the mathematical problems posed by biological wastewater cleanup processes. Starting from realistic situations described by pilot processes, we propose models that we analyze mathematically and develop simulation software. Based on these models, we also seek to devise design and running strategies to meet the needs of industrial use of such bioprocesses.
We strive to better understand process biology which leads us to work on the modeling of microbial ecosystems.
MERE is a joint project with the UMR INRA-ENSAM ASB (System Analysis and Biometry) in Montpellier and the LBE (Department of Environmental Biotechnology - National Institute for Agronomic Research) in Narbonne.
- Qualitative properties and simulation of biological process models (activated sludge, anaerobic digestion)
- Optimal design of cascading reactors. Role of recirculation.
- Optimal feedback control of processes. Observers.
- Mathematical models for competition and trophic networks: the role of spatial structuring. Ratio dependence.
- SSCP (Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism) profile analysis
- Bacterial population growth modeling. Biofilms.
International and industrial relations
- CESAME (Center for System Engineering, Automatic Control and Applied Mechanics, System Automatic Control, Dynamics and Analysis Department, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve), Belgium.
- Centro de Modelamientao Matematico, Santiago de Chile.
- Laboratorio de Control, Instituto de Ingenieria, UNAM (Universidad National Autonoma de Mexico), Mexico.
- Depto. De Control Automatico CINVESTAV, INP (Mexico)
- Universities of Melbourne (Victoria, Australia), Université Gaston Berger (Saint-Louis in Senegal), Sahelian PDE and control network.
- International Water Association, member of the specialist group "Systems Analysis and Integrated Assessment".
- Suez-Environnement (ex-SITA, water and cleanliness department of the Suez group)