MAVERICK Research team
Models and Algorithms for Visualization and Rendering
- Leader : Nicolas Holzschuch
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Grenoble
- Field : Perception, Cognition and Interaction
- Theme : Interaction and visualization
- Partner(s) : CNRS,Institut polytechnique de Grenoble,Université de Grenoble Alpes
- Collaborator(s) : Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann (LJK) (UMR5224)
Maverick is a research project-team dealing with image synthesis. We place ourselves at the end of the image production pipeline, for the generation and display of pictures. The pictures we generate are varied, and include data visualisation, rendering of virtual worlds, painting and drawings, edition of photographs and many others.
All these applications are sharing common research problems: ensuring that the important features are perceived, avoiding cluttering or aliasing, efficient internal data representation, etc.
Our central research theme is understanding what makes a picture useful, powerful and interesting for the viewer, and designing algorithms to create these pictures.
- Computer Visualisation, where we take as input a large localized dataset and represent it in a way that will let an observer understand its key properties,
- Expressive Rendering, where we create an artistic representation of a virtual world,
- Illumination Simulation, where our focus is modelling the interaction of light with the objects in the scene.
- Complex Scenes, where our focus is rendering and modelling highly complex scenes.
International and industrial relations
- Adobe, IGN, RSA Cosmos, EDF, EADS, Eden Games
- Université de Montréal, Cornell University, MIT, UC Berkeley, Indian Institute of Science, Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen
Research teams of the same theme :
- ALICE - Geometry and Lighting
- AVIZ - Analysis and Visualization
- EX-SITU - Extreme Interaction
- GRAPHDECO - GRAPHics and DEsign with hEterogeneous COntent
- HYBRID - 3D interaction with virtual environments using body and mind
- ILDA - Interacting with Large Data
- IMAGINE - Intuitive Modeling and Animation for Interactive Graphics & Narrative Environments
- MANAO - Melting the frontiers between Light, Shape and Matter
- MIMETIC - Analysis-Synthesis Approach for Virtual Human Simulation
- MJOLNIR - COMPUTING TOOLS TO EMPOWER USER
- POTIOC - Popular interaction with 3d content
- TITANE - Geometric Modeling of 3D Environments
This team follows
Search for a team
By Inria research center