LOGICAL Research team
Logic and computing
- Leader : Gilles Dowek
- Research center(s) : CRI Saclay - Île-de-France
- Field : Symbolic systems
- Theme : Reliability and safety of software
Team presentationThe Logical project-team aims to elaborate a language and environment for the development of formal proofs. This environment is dedicated to the development and certification of zero-default programs in safety-critical software.
The project develops an environment (Coq) for interactively elaborating specifications and proofs. Its language is based on Type Theory: the functions can be represented by algorithms, predicates can be inductively defined by a set of clauses, proofs are considered as objects in the language.
Coq was a project common with the Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme (URA CNRS 1398) of the École Normale Supérieure de Lyon from January 1994 to September 1997. It should soon become a common project with the Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique (URA CNRS 410) from University Paris Sud.
- High-level concepts for proof languages: modules, subtyping, definitions by patterns, infinite structures.
- Internal representation of proof terms for an efficient implementation of reduction and proof construction.
- Development of mathematical proofs and certified programs (especially the proof of the Coq kernel itself).
International and industrial relations
- The European working groupTypes.
- The joint European research projectMOWGLI on development and management of mathematical documents on the Web.
- Averroes: Analysis and Verification for the Reliability Of Embedded Systems
- Geccoo: Certified code generation for object oriented applications
- Modulogic: creation of a tool for certified software generation.