LEO Research team
Distributed and heterogeneous data and knowledge
- Leader : Ioana Manolescu
- Research center(s) : CRI Saclay - Île-de-France
- Field : Perception, Cognition, Interaction
- Theme : Knowledge and Data Representation and Management
Team presentationThe current explosion in the volume and complexity of data produced and consumed by individuals or organization is unparalleled. The development of the Internet, of data and knowledge interchange standards such as XML, RDF, Web Services, OWL, and the recent democratization of access to large-scale distributed computer clouds opens unprecedented opportunities for large-scale data management and reasoning.
Our research work aims at exploiting these infrastructures to devise and deploy innovative, efficient, distributed data- and knowledge-rich platforms.
Research themesMore specifically, our work aims at:
- modeling and organizing data, reasoning, and knowledge through formal techniques;
- exploiting and enriching data meaning to enhance its value and reach the full potential for interoperability
- conceiving algorithms and deploying systems to efficiently tackle the complex and growing data needs.
International and industrial relationsInternational:
Leo researchers work closely with colleagues from UCSD (USA), Politecnico di Milano (Italy), CNR (Italy), NICTA (Australia), VUB (Belgium), Yahoo! NY etc.
Close collaborations exist with other INRIA teams (ATLAS, AVIZ, EXMO, MOSTRARE), LRI teams (FORTESSE and BD), Supelec, UVSQ, U. Paris 1 (La Sorbonne) etc. Industrial partners include Thales, EADS, Bongrain, Renault Trucks, Mandriva etc.