HYCOMES Research team
Modélisation hybride & conception par contrats pour les systèmes embarqués multi-physiques
- Leader : Benoit Caillaud
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Rennes
- Field : Algorithmics, Programming, Software and Architecture
- Theme : Embedded and Real-time Systems
The Hycomes team-project focuses on research topics related to cyber-physical systems design:
- Hybrid systems modeling, the structural analysis of multi-mode differential algebraic equations, with a special attention to the Modelica lnaguage and its compilation ;
- The formalization of requirements, using contract-based design methods and interface theories, to support rigorous cyber-physical systems design methods.
The Hycomes team is active on the following research topics:
- The design of hybrid modeling languages, supporting the rigorous design of cyberphysical systems. In particular, the team focuses on acausal modeling languages, such as Modelica. These languages are based on differential algebraic equations (DAE). Recent publications of the team address the semantics, structural analysis and code generation for multimode DAE systems.
- The formalization of requirements for cyberphysical systems design. The Hycomes team advocates the use of contract algebras capable of capturing the expected behavior of cyberphysical systems, expressed as trajectory enveloppes of hybrid systems.
- The verification of hybrid systems, using effective algebraic geometry techniques. The objective is to design automated/assisted methods with which invariant properties of hybrid systems can be proved.
International and industrial relations
The Hycomes team has had or has formal and informal collaboration with several actors in the Modelica language and FMI standard communities, including both academic research teams, tool vendors and industrial users. In particular, the team has been or is currently involved in collaborations with the Inria Parkas team, the DLR in Germany, Dassault Systèmes and Safran.
Research teams of the same theme :
- AOSTE2 - Models and methods of analysis and optimization for systems with real-time and embedded contraints
- CONVECS - Construction of verified concurrent systems
- KAIROS - Logical Time for Formal Embedded System Design
- PARKAS - Parallélisme de Kahn Synchrone
- SPADES - Sound Programming of Adaptive Dependable Embedded Systems
- TEA - Time, Events and Architectures