GAMMA3 Research team
Automatic mesh generation and advanced methods
Numerical models are used by small, medium and large companies to design and test the performance of their products. A model is a set of computer simulations using selected discrete models to physically represent the phenomenon under study. A simulation requires mesh generation to represent the object studied and its environment. GAMMA 3 aims to explore and develop automatic mesh generation algorithms useful for computational methods such as finite element computations. The aim is also to develop a relevant adaptive numerical loop to obtain an accurate solution.
To this end, the topics under research are: Generic mesh generation algorithms; Large size meshes and related computer science; Geometrical modelization; Adaptative schemes of computation and applications.
International and industrial relations
Academic relations with Pierre & Marie Curie University, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale of Lausanne and Ottawa University. Industrial relations with Dassault Aviation, Distene, Snecma, Lectra and Lemma, Andra, Cea. Clusters and institutional contracts: System@tic, Environmentally Friendly High Speed Aircraft.
Research teams of the same theme :
- ACUMES - Analysis and Control of Unsteady Models for Engineering Sciences
- CAGIRE - Computational AGility for internal flows sImulations and compaRisons with Experiments
- CARDAMOM - Certified Adaptive discRete moDels for robust simulAtions of CoMplex flOws with Moving fronts
- DEFI - Shape reconstruction and identification
- ECUADOR - Program transformations for scientific computing
- ELAN - modELing the Appearance of Nonlinear phenomena
- MATHERIALS - MATHematics for MatERIALS
- MEMPHIS - Modeling Enablers for Multi-PHysics and InteractionS
- MEPHYSTO-POST - Quantitative methods for stochastic models in physics
- MINGUS - MultI-scale Numerical Geometric Schemes
- MOKAPLAN - Advances in Numerical Calculus of Variations
- NACHOS - Numerical modeling and high performance computing for evolution problems in complex domains and heterogeneous media
- NANO-D-POST - Algorithmes pour la Modélisation et la Simulation de Nanosystèmes
- POEMS-POST - Wave propagation: mathematical analysis and simulation
- RAPSODI - Reliable numerical approximations of dissipative systems.