ECOO Research team
Environment for cooperation
- Leader : Claude Godart
- Research center(s) : CRI Nancy - Grand Est
- Field : Networks, Systems and Services, Distributed Computing
- Theme : Distributed Systems and Services
- Partner(s) : Université de Lorraine,CNRS
- Collaborator(s) : CNRS, INRIA
The ECOO project-team is concerned with the development of services for the deployment of virtual teams distributed over Internet. These services include object sharing, communication, task management, awareness, group decision.
We are mainly interested by creative applications like co-design and co-engineering in various domains : software engineering, Architecture/Engineering/Manufacturing, e_learning ...
ECOO reasearch is characterized by a focus on virtual team coordination in two main directions :
- explicit coordination based on the hypothesis that it is possible to formalize processes and to enact them on working sites,
- implicit coordination based on the idea that, if partners receive the right information at the right time about other people activities, this information will generate communication between partners and finally team auto-coordination.
International and industrial relations
- scientific relationships : IST Thematic Network " Unified Enterprise Modeling Language ", HP Lab in Palo Alto, LIFIA in Buenos Aires, Telcordia à Austin, University of New South Wales in Sydney, XEROX RCE,
- industrial relationships : France Telecom, Hitachi, European Car Manufacturers and Equipement Providers, HTTP Software, Kappa, 3GBooster