DATASHAPE Research team
Understanding the shape of data
- Leader : Frederic Chazal
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Saclay , Sophia
- Field : Algorithmics, Programming, Software and Architecture
- Theme : Algorithmics, Computer Algebra and Cryptology
DataShape is a research project in Topological Data Analysis (TDA), a recent field whose aim is to uncover, understand and exploit the topological and geometric structure underlying complex and possibly high dimensional data. The DataShape project gathers a unique variety of expertise that allows it to embrace the mathematical, statistical, algorithmic and applied aspects of the field in a common framework rangin g from fundamental theoretical studies to experimental research and software development.
The expected output of DataShape is two-fold. First, we inten d to set-up and develop the mathematical, statistical and algorithmic foundations of Topological and Geometric Data Analysis. Second, we intend to develop the Gudhi platform in order to provide an efficient state-of-the-art toolbox for the understanding of the topology and geometry of data.
- Algorithmic aspects of topological and geometric data analysis
- Statistical aspects of topological and geometric data analysis
- Topological approaches for multimodal data processing
- Software development
- Transfer and applications
International and industrial relations
- [2015-2017] : Inria - Carnegie Mellon University Associated team, CATS : Computations And Topological Statistics.
- [2017-on] Sysnav: 1 Phd student working on movement analysis of pedestrians and patients from inertial sensors.
- [2017-on] Sysnav: 1 Phd student working on cap estimation for autonomous vehicles.
- [2017-on] Sysnav: joint ANR-DGA project (challenge Malin - Maitrise de la localisation Indoor).
Research teams of the same theme :
- ARIC - Arithmetic and Computing
- AROMATH -
- CARAMBA - Cryptology, arithmetic : algebraic methods for better algorithms
- CASCADE - Construction and Analysis of Systems for Confidentiality and Authenticity of Data and Entities
- GAIA - Geometry, Algebra, Informatics, Applications
- GAMBLE - Geometric Algorithms & Models Beyond the Linear & Euclidean realm
- GRACE - Geometry, arithmetic, algorithms, codes and encryption
- LFANT - Lithe and fast algorithmic number theory
- OURAGAN - OUtils de Résolution Algébriques pour la Géométrie et ses ApplicatioNs
- POLSYS - Polynomial Systems
- SECRET - Security, Cryptology and Transmissions
- SPECFUN - Symbolic Special Functions : Fast and Certified