DAHU Research team
Verification in databases
- Leader : Luc Segoufin
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Saclay
- Field : Perception, Cognition and Interaction
- Theme : Data and Knowledge Representation and Processing
- Partner(s) : CNRS,Ecole normale supérieure de Cachan
- Collaborator(s) : Laboratoire specification et vérification (LSV) (UMR8643)
Team presentationThe need to access and exchange data on the Web has led to database management systems (DBMS) that are increasingly distributed and autonomous. Data extraction and querying on the Web is harder than in classical DBMS, because such data is heterogeneous, redundant, inconsistent and subject to frequent modifications. DBMS thus need to be able to detect errors, to analyze them and to correct them. Moreover, increasingly complex Web applications and services rely on DBMS, and their reliability is crucial. This creates a need for tools for specifying DBMS in a high-level manner that is easier to understand, while also facilitating verification of critical properties.
This is the objectives of Dahu. We aim at providing solid foundations for data aware specification and data aware verification in an Internet environment. We believe our work could impact on the new generation of systems manipulating data over the Internet, making them safer and more reliable.
To achieve this, we bring together people with expertise on both sides of the problem: database and verification.
Research teams of the same theme :
- CEDAR - Rich Data Exploration at Cloud Scale
- GRAPHIK - GRAPHs for Inferences and Knowledge representation
- LINKS - Linking Dynamic Data
- MAGNET - Machine Learning in Information Networks
- MOEX - Evolving knowledge
- ORPAILLEUR - Knowledge representation, reasonning
- PETRUS - PErsonal & TRUSted cloud
- TYREX - Types and Reasoning for the Web
- VALDA - Value from Data
- WIMMICS - Web-Instrumented Man-Machine Interactions, Communities and Semantics
- ZENITH - Scientific Data Management