COFFEE Research team
COmplex Flows For Energy and Environment
Team presentationThe project aims at studying mathematical models issued from environmental and energy management questions. We consider systems of PDEs of hydrodynamic type or hybrid fluid/kinetic systems.The problems we have in mind involve unusual coupling, which in turn leads to challenging difficulties for mathematical analysis and the need of original numerical solutions. By nature many different scales arise in the problems, which allows to seek hierarchies of reduced models based on asymptotic arguments. The topics require a deep understanding of the modeling issues and, as far as possible boosted by the mathematical analysis of the equations and the identification of key structure properties, we wish to propose innovative and performing numerical schemes.
Research themesThe COFFEE team is particularly interested in the modeling and simulation of * Particulate flows, Mixture flows * Low Mach flows, radiative transfer * Biological degradation (biological damage on monuments, biofilms formation and algae proliferation) * Flows in porous media * Plasma physics
International and industrial relationsThe project has established collaborations with several institutes and companies, like ANDRA, CEA, Total, GdF-Suez...
Research teams of the same theme :
- AIRSEA - mathematics and computing applied to oceanic and atmospheric flows
- ANGE - Numerical Analysis, Geophysics and Ecology
- CASTOR - Control, Analysis and Simulations for TOkamak Research
- FLUMINANCE - Fluid Flow Analysis, Description and Control from Image Sequences
- LEMON - Littoral, Environnement : Méthodes et Outils Numériques
- MAGIQUE-3D - Advanced 3D Numerical Modeling in Geophysics
- SERENA - Simulation for the Environment: Reliable and Efficient Numerical Algorithms
- STEEP - Sustainability transition, environment, economy and local policy
- TONUS - TOkamaks and NUmerical Simulations