CARMEN Research team
Modélisation et calculs pour l'électrophysiologie cardiaque
The team Carmen develops mathematical models and numerical methods in order to simulate the propagation of the cardiac action potential, from the cellular scale to the scale of the body. It is part of the IHU LIRYC, the electrophysiology and heart modeling institute in Bordeaux. It collaborates actively with the clinical, imaging, cellular electrophysiology, and signal processing groups within the LIRYC. Carmen aims at improving:
- our knowledge and the treatment of electrical cardiac pathologies;
- the exploitation of all available electrical signals.
The overall objectives of Carmen pertain both to the fields of numerical sciences, and to medical sciences through close collaborative research. The objectives in numerical sciences concern the progress to be made on data- and image-based modeling of cardiac electrophysiology, and model-based inverse reconstruction or interpretation of electrical signals. The goal in medical sciences is to contribute to the objectives of LIRYC concerning atrial fibrillation, sudden cardiac death due to ventricular fibrillation, and heart failure. Software tools are important for the success of this research.
- Numerical modeling of the cardiac electrical behavior.
- Using image- and data-based numerical simulation to explore cardiac pathologies.
- Inverse problems in electrocardiology.
International and industrial relations
- Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Department of Mathematics and Statistic, University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Laboratoire de Modélisation Mathématique et numérique dans les sciences de l'ingénieur, Université Tunis El Manar, Tunis, Tunisie.
Research teams of the same theme :
- BIOCORE - Biological control of artificial ecosystems
- COMMEDIA - Computational mathematics for bio-medical applications
- DRACULA - Multi-scale modelling of cell dynamics : application to hematopoiesis
- M3DISIM - Mathematical and Mechanical Modeling with Data Interaction in Simulations for Medicine
- MAMBA - Modelling and Analysis for Medical and Biological Applications
- MONC - Mathematical modeling for Oncology
- NUMED - Numerical Medicine
- REO-POST - Numerical simulation of biological flows
- SISTM - Statistics In System biology and Translational Medicine
- XPOP - Statistical modelling for life sciences