BUNRAKU Research team
Perception, decision and action of real and virtual humans in virtual environments and impact on real environments
- Leader : Georges Dumont
- Research center(s) : CRI Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
- Field : Perception, Cognition, Interaction
- Theme : Interaction and Visualization
- Partner(s) : Université Rennes 1,Ecole normale supérieure de Cachan,CNRS,Institut national des sciences appliquées de Rennes
- Collaborator(s) : U. RENNES 1, CNRS, INRIA, INSA RENNES, CENTRALESUPELEC, ENS RENNES, INSTITUT MINES-TELECOM, UBS
Team presentationThis new research team inherits the long experience made by the SIAMES project conducted by Bruno Arnaldi over the last twelve years. The main objective of the BUNRAKU team is to develop cross fertilization of researches in the fields of virtual reality and virtual human. Our challenge is to allow real and virtual humans to naturally interact in a shared virtual environment. One of the main objectives of BUNRAKU concerns the concurrent management of different natures of interaction. First of all, the user interaction with objects of the world should be both physical and cognitive: body and brain should be both part of the interaction by the concurrent use of gestures, haptic, gaze, and speech. To allow this multimodal interaction with objects within the world, we will have to develop a generic multilevel model of the objects of the world, and corresponding multimodal rendering (visual, haptic, audio, cognitive) and acting (language, gesture, mind).
Research themesThe three complementary research themes are:
- Multimodal Interaction with objects within the world;
- Expressive Autonomous Characters;
- Interactive Scenario Languages.