AROMATH Research team
- Leader : Bernard Mourrain
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Sophia
- Field : Algorithmics, Programming, Software and Architecture
- Theme : Algorithmics, Computer Algebra and Cryptology
- Partner(s) : National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
Geometry is involved in many domains (manufacturing, simulation, communication, virtual world ...), raising many challenging questions related to the representations of shapes, to the analysis of their properties and to the computation with these models. The stakes are multiple: the accuracy in numerical engineering, in simulation, in optimization, the quality in design and manufacturing processes, the capacity of modeling and analysis of physical problems.
AROMATH is a project in Computational Algebraic-Geometry, investigating algebraic approaches to address these geometric problems. It aims at developing new methods for high quality and efficient modeling and processing in geometry, based on algebraic representations and tools.
We explore two main research directions:
- High order geometric modeling: we aim at exploiting algebraic representations, for the accurate description of shapes, and developing efficient geometric modeling techniques,
- Robust algebraic-geometric computation: we aim at developing efficient algorithms, stable against numerical perturbation, for solving the algebraic problems occurring in geometry.
International and industrial relations
University of Athens (Greece), University of Buenos Aires (Argentina), ARCADES (Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network), Missler (CAD-CAM).
Research teams of the same theme :
- ARIC - Arithmetic and Computing
- CARAMBA - Cryptology, arithmetic : algebraic methods for better algorithms
- CASCADE - Construction and Analysis of Systems for Confidentiality and Authenticity of Data and Entities
- DATASHAPE - Understanding the shape of data
- GAMBLE - Geometric Algorithms & Models Beyond the Linear & Euclidean realm
- GRACE - Geometry, arithmetic, algorithms, codes and encryption
- LFANT - Lithe and fast algorithmic number theory
- OURAGAN - Tools for resolutions in algebra, geometry and their applications
- POLSYS - Polynomial Systems
- SECRET - Security, Cryptology and Transmissions
- SPECFUN - Symbolic Special Functions : Fast and Certified