ACACIA Research team
Knowledge acquisition for aided design through agent interaction
- Leader : Rose Dieng
- Research center(s) : CRI Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
- Field : Symbolic systems
- Theme : Management and processing of language and data
This multidisciplinary project-team aims at offering methodological and software support (i.e. models, methods and tools) for knowledge management (i.e., for building, managing and distributing a corporate memory).
- Support for Corporate Memory Construction:
- Management of Multi-expertise : Knowledge Acquisition and Management from Multiple Experts ; Management of Multiple Knowledge Models, Ontologies or Viewpoints.
- Exploitation and Management of Links between Formalized Knowledge and Documents : Knowledge Management from Texts ; Management of Links between Knowledge Models (or Ontologies) and Documents.
- Project Memory and Technical Memory in Concurrent Design.
- Support for Corporate Memory Distribution and Use:
- Knowledge Servers on the Web or in an Intranet : Tools for Interrogation and Browsing in Expertise Models and in Documents (WebCOKACE); Support to "Intelligent" Information-Retrieval in an heterogeneous, distributed corporate memory, guided by exploitation of knowledge models or ontologies.
International and industrial relations
- Collaboration with Aérospatiale (aéronautics), Cnet (network design), Dassault-Aviation (aeronautics), Dassault Electronics, DCN, Inrets (traffic accident analysis) and Renault (automobile industry).
- Participation in the Esprit Working Group ModelAge.
- Collaboration and contacts with laboratories in Europe (Amsterdam Univ., Genoa Univ., Open Univ, Free Univ. of Amsterdam and Brussel), America (USC/ISI, Stanford) and Australia (CSIRO, Griffith University).
Keywords: Artificial intelligence Cognitive science Knowledge-based system Knowledge acquisition Expertise capitalization Explanation Assistance to the user Co-operation Distributed artificial intelligence Mult