Created in 2016, the start-up Kayrrosspecialises in the energy sector and quantitative information. Going from 5 to eighty employees in two years, it offers innovative software solutions for the real-time measurement of oil stocks worldwide.
Meeting with Alexandre d'Aspremont, CNRS researcher in optimisation and machine learning in the Sierra team (at the computer science department of the École normale supérieure, ENS Paris/Inria/CNRS) and co-founder of the start-up.
Prize and Award
Early July, the 6th Lagrange Prize in Continuous Optimization was awarded to Francis Bach, head of the Sierra team at the Inria Paris centre, and to two of the team's former post-doctoral researchers.
Prix et distinction
At the end of May, Xavier Leroy, head of the Gallium project team at Inria, was appointed professor at the Collège de France for the "Software Sciences" permanent chair. This is great recognition for his scientific career, but also for the discipline he champions: fundamental computer science.
European Research Council 2017
The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grants are awarded each year to senior scientists to reward the excellence of their research work and to enable them to carry out an exploratory project over five years.
Dirk Drasdo, a researcher with the Mamba project team, is again taking part in the EASL Congress, a major hepatology conference taking place from 11 to 15 April at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles – Pavillon 7 - 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles. For this occasion, Dirk Drasdo tells us about his exciting research on the liver.
Google Fellowship 2018
Éric Fleury is taking up the position of head of the Inria Paris research centre as of 1 April 2018. Appointed by François Sillion, Inria's acting CEO, he succeeds Isabelle Ryl who is joining the institute's directorate-general as Deputy CEO for Transfer and Industrial Partnerships.
What kind of impact does the city noise have on tigers and other zoo occupants? Helsinki Zoo and Forum Virium Helsinki, the innovation unit of the City of Helsinki, are using smart technology to study the noise experienced by animals and its impacts in collaboration with Inria, the French national research institute on digital sciences and technologies and Ambiciti, a global environmental data service startup company.
Inria Research Centers
- Mastering Non-Functional Properties of Software: Energy, Time, Security
- François Baccelli, winner of an ERC Advanced Grant
- Meeting with ERC 2017 laureate George Drettakis
- Meeting with ERC 2017 laureate Xavier Pennec
- Helping Robots Gently Navigate Through Thick Crowds
- The BioMathematica Startup is recipient of NASA Grant
- Inria and the National University of Singapore signed a MoU
- Anne-Marie Kermarrec appointed Officer of the French Legion of Honour
- François Sillion appointed Chevalier of the French Legion of Honour
- Let’s discover the comic strip series which highlights the contribution of digital technology in our daily lives !