The third edition of the CNIL-INRIA "Privacy Protection" Prize starts on 16 May 2018. It will reward a scientific paper on privacy and personal data protection published in 2016-2017.
Learning how to code by creating robots: this is the promise of Pollen Robotics, the start-up originating from the Inria Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest research centre. In order to democratise the digital sciences, Pollen Robotics designs robots that enable an understanding of programming and artificial intelligence in a fun and interactive way.
It is with great sadness that Inria learned that Michel Combarnous had passed away on Thursday 10 May, at the age of 77. A renowned professor of mechanics and energetics, and member of the French Académie des sciences, he presided over the Inria Scientific Council from 1996 to 1998. He was president of the University of Bordeaux 1 from 1996 to 2001.
Defrost* project-team has participated at the international IEEE-RAS Robosoft 2018 conference. Defrost manipulator received the second place award for the manipulation challenge.
The Android galaxy is plagued with a host of fake apps solely devised to rob smartphone users of their ID, their data or their money. Studying this type of infection vector, a group of French scientists is coming up with a string of innovative test and visualization tools meant to help security analysts investigate suspicious software, explore its inner-structure, force sleeping code out of dormancy and produce an intuitive graph representation of what the malware is really up to.
- Valérie Viet Triem Tong
- Jean-François Lalande
- INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
In an automated factory, each equipment or machinery must meet a myriad of constraints. Ensuring that an entire factory chain satisfies these constraints and safety and security regulations requires simulation, test and verification. However, what can be proved when two heterogeneous components, e.g. mechanics and software, interact with each other? How can one prove that this hybrid aggregate also meets common, global, requirements such as, e.g. latency? Such is the question at the crux of a collaboration between Inria and Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe, two entities located on the same campus, in Rennes, Brittany, France.
- Differential Dynamic Logic
- INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
- Simon Lunel
- Jean-Pierre Talpin
European Research Council 2017
The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grants are awarded each year to senior scientists to reward the excellence of their research work and to enable them to carry out an exploratory project over five years.
For a period of two weeks, beginning on 12 April, the clothing brand Zara has been inviting people to discover the new items from its spring-summer 2018 Studio collection through an augmented reality experience.
From 23-27 April, Inria is taking part in the 27th edition of the most prestigious international conference on the Web, The Web Conference, which this year is organised by the University of Lyon in partnership with the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes regional council and the Lyon metropolitan authority, in collaboration with the Digital League and IW3C2. Fabien Gandon, leader of the Wimmics project-team, is co-president of the 2017 edition.
Inria Research Centers
- François Baccelli, winner of an ERC Advanced Grant
- Meeting with ERC 2017 laureate George Drettakis
- Meeting with ERC 2017 laureate Xavier Pennec
- Helping Robots Gently Navigate Through Thick Crowds
- Demian Wassermann : code our current knowledge of the brain
- Honorable Mention ACM SIGMOD Jim Gray Dissertation Award for Luis Galarraga from Lacodam research team at the conference SIGMOD 2018
- Best student paper award for Etienne Miquey from Gallinette team for the conference LICS’2018
- A collaboration that has the wind in its sails
- Best paper award for Hugo Brunelière and Thomas Ledoux from STACK research team, at the conference CLOSER2018
- Best paper and demo award for HYBRID research team, during the IEEE VR 2018 conference