Prix et distinctions
This week, Karthikeyan Bhargavan (EPI Prosecco), has received one of the Microsoft Research Outstanding Collaborator awards. Congratulations !
Vincent Calvez has been awarded the EMS 2016 prize for his work at the intersection between mathematics and biology. Through his research on the collective migration of bacteria within a large concentration wave, he has made a fundamental contribution to mathematical analysis and the development of new mathematical models, with applications in biology and biophysics.
MyTrackingChoices is an application developed by the Privatics research team. It can control how net users are tracked online, enabling them to choose certain categories of website on which they do not want to be tracked. Designed to protect both the user's privacy and the economic system that keeps website content free, the application limits targeted ads to subjects chosen by the user.
After winning a silver trophy in the "collective disruption" category at the Edison Awards 2016, held in New York (USA) on 21 April, the Greentouch consortium announced its final results: its new approaches can make wireless networks over 10,000 times more energy efficient.
Three projects stemming from Inria have won awards as part of the national i-LAB competition - backed by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research (MENESR) and Bpifrance - whose aim is to identify and support French projects for the creation of innovative technology companies.
Inria Chairman and CEO Antoine Petit has appointed Dominique Chapelle to the post of Head of Science at the Inria Saclay - Île-de-France Research Centre. Leader of the M3DISIM team, he will replace Marc Schoenauer as of 1 July 2016. We met with Dominique Chapelle.
Inria announces on June 30th 2016 Software Heritage, an ambitious initiative to collect, organise, preserve, and make easily accessible the source code of all software that is publicly available.
The LIFEWARE project-team joined the Inria Saclay - Île-de-France research centre in January 2016. Between hardware and software, LIFEWARE seeks to shed light on life software by trying to understand its methods using engineering methods. Meeting with François Fages, Grégory Batt and Sylvain Soliman.
The 11th edition of the TERATEC Forum will take place on 28th and 29th June 2016 on the Ecole Polytechnique campus. Inria will be presenting a selection of innovative technologies and will partner the European Research Café, which aims to spotlight European research projects and initiatives in the fields of numerical simulation, HPC and Big Data.
Imagine a dial or slider emerging from the screen of your touchscreen phone: new forms of human-computer interaction proposed by Céline Coutrix, researcher at the Laboratoire d’Informatique de Grenoble (LIG). Her research included experiments and prototyping using the Amiqual4Home platform, and has received an award at the CHI 2016 in San José, USA.
Inria Research Centers
- Inria and the CNIL launch a European prize for the protection of privacy
- Stanley Durrleman receives an ERC Starting Grant
- Emilia Tantar: a committed European researcher
- IceSL obtains an ERC Proof of Concept grant
- The Shapeforge project team makes 3D printing simple with IceSL
- Prix Longuet-Higgins 2016 (EPI Willow)
- Le Monde : "Mettez un chat dans votre ordinateur" (EPI Quantic)
- PhD positions : 2015 recruitment campaign under way
- Campaign "Research Positions": Inria is hiring 7 researchers
- Available soon on FUN: a MOOC on Semantic Web, by Inria-uTOP
- 2015 Competitive recruitment of young graduate scientists and senior researchers
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Prizewinners' Forum, please register !
- Alexander Zeh (Grace), winner of the Special Prize of the Jury of the UFA for his thesis
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, December 1st