This summer Inria's Prosecco team worked in collaboration with Mozilla, the company that created the Firefox web browser, to integrate high assurance cryptography into its networking library NSS.
SFR / Medicen / SNITEM Award
The SFR/Medicen/SNITEM prize supporting new, innovative companies in diagnostic and interventional medical imaging will be awarded at the 65th edition of the French Days of Radiology Congress (JFR). Three Inria startups are among the six finalists.
Activity report 2016
Health and Life Sciences, Environment and Planet, People and Machines, Security and Privacy, Culture and Heritage, Algorithms and Software... The impact of the digital revolution is being felt across all areas of society.
Human Computer Interaction
Direction Lille and Grenoble and to Go Touch VR, where researchers in haptic technology turned entrepreneurs have developed a very simple solution in order to touch and manipulate virtual objects. Eric Vezzoli, co-founder and CEO of the start-up - and former member of the Mint project team at the Inria center in Lille - explains.
European Research Council 2017
Associate research professor at the Athena project-team at Inria Sophia Antipolis – Méditerranée, Demian Wassermann has just received a prestigious 2017 "Starting Grant" from European Research Council (ERC).Specialist on mathematical and computational modelling of the brain, he is going to pursue his research in the formalisation of current anatomical knowledge into a domain specific language (DSL).
Meeting with the new laureate, who tells us about his carreer and projects.
- Inria - Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée Research Centre
- Computational neuroanatomy
Guix is free software, developed under the auspices of the GNU Project by a growing community of enthusiasts and organizations: currently between 40 and 50 people contribute each month. It is used to reproduce software environments. Recently, the Inria Bordeaux – Sud-Ouest Research Centre, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in Berlin and the Utrecht Bioinformatics Center in the Netherlands decided to undertake a joint effort using this software. What do the three institutions have in common? They all use or have users of high performance computing (HPC) software, and in these institutions, and many others, the ability to reproduce experiments is a stringent necessity… Guix appears to be one of the solutions.
Backed by Région Bretagne (Brittany regional council), the ERDF and Rennes Métropole, the Inria research centre in Rennes is putting in place a new service aimed at businesses in order to facilitate their access to technology transfer and respond more quickly to their innovation requirements.
- Mélanie Raimbault
- INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
Introduced in 1999 by the French Ministry for Research, and organised in partnership with the French public investment bank BpiFrance, the national competition to support the creation of innovative technology companies has honoured 62 prizewinners, including three from Inria.
Inria Research Centers
- Demian Wassermann : code our current knowledge of the brain
- Proxima: towards safer processors
- Yanlei Diao is awarded an ERC Consolidator Grant for her "Big Fast Data" project
- Francis Bach, winner of a 2016 ERC Consolidator Grant
- Inria’s Alpage project team: historians and computer scientists unite in the European Parthenos project
- Open source in the spotlight
- Best paper award for Timothée Haudebourg and Anne-Cécile Orgerie, from Celtique and Myriads research teams
- Best student paper award for Nicolas Keriven from PANAMA research team
- Best paper award for ASCOLA research team
- Best paper award for Michael Doehler and Laurent Mevel from I4S research team