TADaaM enpowers Safran Helicopter Engines to tackle a major scientific challenge.
The PaMPA software, coupled with MMG3D, allowed one torefine of a 43 million elements mesh into a mesh comprising more than one billion elements.
Hervé Mathieu, deputy CEO of Inria from 1996 to 2004, and Inria chief executive officer for resources and service administration from 2006 to 2012, passed away on 16 November 2017.
IT-Translation was created by Inria and Bpifrance six years ago and later joined by EIF. It built and developed a unique model, which is now a standard for pre-seed, digital, deep technology start-ups coming from both public and private research. Elaia Partners is an independent venture capital firm focused on the digital economy and deep technology for the past fifteen years. The two organisations announced the signing of a strategic partnership in November 2017.
Nokia and Inria announced the renewal of their joint lab for a four-year period. The announcement took place during an event celebrating the 50th anniversary of Inria with Marcus Weldon, Nokia CTO and Nokia Bell Labs President, and Antoine Petit, Inria CEO.
On the occasion of Inria's 50th anniversary, Qwant and Inria have just signed a strategic research partnership agreement entitled "Smart Search and Privacy". This collaboration takes the form of a joint laboratory, for a duration of four years, focusing on the themes of information searches on the Web, security, programming languages, new data published on the Web, the processing of multimedia resources and the respect of privacy.
Collège de France
The Chair of Informatics and Computational Sciences at the Collège de France for the year 2017-2018 is awarded to Claire Mathieu, computer scientist and mathematician, and research director at the CNRS (French National Centre for Scientific Research). The inaugural lecture will be given on Thursday 16 November 2017 at 6.00pm.
On 1 May, the collaboration between the GeoStat project team, the Laboratory of Astrophysics of Bordeaux and the Institute of Physics in Cologne/KOSMA group was made official. Called GENESIS: GENeration and Evolution of Structure in the InterStellar medium, the vocation of this French-German partnership is to understand the structure and evolution of the interstellar medium and, more specifically, the mechanism of star formation.
Through its start-ups and project teams specialising in High Performance Computing (HPC), Inria will be participating from 12 to 17 November 2017 in the annual international conference on SuperComputing to be held in Denver, Colorado.
Inria Research Centers
- Demian Wassermann : code our current knowledge of the brain
- Proxima: towards safer processors
- Yanlei Diao is awarded an ERC Consolidator Grant for her "Big Fast Data" project
- Francis Bach, winner of a 2016 ERC Consolidator Grant
- Inria’s Alpage project team: historians and computer scientists unite in the European Parthenos project
- Open source in the spotlight
- Best paper award for Timothée Haudebourg and Anne-Cécile Orgerie, from Celtique and Myriads research teams
- Best student paper award for Nicolas Keriven from PANAMA research team
- Best paper award for ASCOLA research team
- Best paper award for Michael Doehler and Laurent Mevel from I4S research team