Inria Learning Lab
Two Moocs on Web technologies
© Inria / WIMMICS
Inria Learning Lab is opening two Moocs on Web technologies until 2019. One, in French, aims to provide training in data Web and Semantic Web standards; the other, in English, provides an introduction to related data standards and the principles behind the creation of the Semantic Web.
- Date : 4/02/2019 to 2/02/2020
- Place : FUN Platform
- Guest(s) : Fabien Gandon, Olivier Corby et Catherine Faron-Zucker
- Organiser(s) : Inria Learning Lab
These two courses are taught by Fabien Gandon, Olivier Corby and Catherine Faron-Zucker, researchers at Inria. Registration for these two courses is open until 25 January 2020 on the FUN-MOOC online course platform.
Web of Date and Semantic Web
This course will introduce you to the languages that allow you to:
- represent and publish related data on the Web (RDF);
- query and select this data very precisely remotely and via the Web (SPARQL);
- represent vocabularies and reason and infer new data to enrich published descriptions (RDFS, OWL, SKOS);
- and finally, to trace and follow the history of the data (VOiD, DCAT, PROV-O, etc.).
This course is intended for students or engineers in computer science , at the Bachelor's level, with basic knowledge of computer science, including classical web tools and languages (web browsers, basic HTML, etc.), and the ability to install and run software on their machines (Java applications, etc.).
Introduction to a Web of Linked Data
This course, in English, will introduce you to:
- The fundamental principles of web-based related data
- The RDF recommendation which provides a standard data model and syntaxes for publishing and linking data on the Web
- An overview of the SPARQL query language that allows us to access data sources on the Web
- Standards that support the exchange and integration of RDF data with other data formats and sources (R2RML, CSVW, JSON-LD, RDFa, GRDDL, LDP)
This course requires a basic knowledge of the Web (e. g. browser) and the ability to install software on your machine.