Inria at the TERATEC 2017 forum
Inria will be present, as it is every year, at the TERATEC forum that will take place on the École polytechnique campus on 27 and 28 June. Researchers from the institute will present innovative technologies and participate in technical and application workshops on emerging technologies in the field of digital simulation, HPC and Big Data.
- Date : 27/06/2017 to 28/06/2017
- Place : campus de l'école polytechnique
Inria will present a selection of its technologies connected to these fields on stand 19 in the forum exhibition area:
- SimGrid: a tool aimed at simulating parallel applications enabling the detection of sources of anomalies, the prediction of resolution times of critical distributed applications and the management of hard/soft architecture scaling issues.
- MUMPS: a reference solver for sparse linear systems from the world of digital simulation, combining parallelism and significant processing capacity, whilst limiting resolution times and the use of computing resources.
- StarPU: a programming environment for the effective exploitation of parallel architectures enabling programmers to concentrate on their algorithms thanks to an efficient use of the different processors/accelerators and to the minimisation of data transfers.
In addition, workshops on emerging technologies and on the new areas of application for HPC and Big Data will be organised on Wednesday 28 June. They will be an opportunity to meet Olivier Coulaud and Luc Giraud, researcher and head of the HIEPACS team at the Inria Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest research centre respectively:
- Workshop 6: Big Data for materials sciences - Wednesday 28 June 2017 from 2 pm to 5.30 pm
The discovery of new materials or new materials arrangements is one of the major challenges of industrial research. Even if several hundreds of thousands of materials are "known", knowledge of their properties is largely incomplete, if not non-existent, with regard to their assembly on a microscopic or mesoscopic scale.
Olivier Coulaud will address OptiDis technology with the following presentation: "Hybrid MPI/OpenMP Parallelism for Large-Scale Dislocation Dynamics Simulations" at 3 pm.
- Workshop 8: Numerical precision and stability in HPC simulation - Wednesday 28 June from 2 pm to 5.30 pm
During this presentation, two critical aspects for scaling-up will be examined:
- the interaction between algorithmics to increase computing performances (reduction in communications/synchronisations) and digital technology to ensure the quality of the solution;
- sensitivity tobit-flipsin computational kernels and the robustness of possible numerical criteria to detect them.
These different aspects will be illustrated on the conjugate gradient method, a numerical algorithm that is intensively used in many simulation codes.
Luc Giraud, head of the HIEPACS project team, together with his team members, are looking at the scaling-up of numerical simulations by focusing on linear algebra in particular. During the workshop, he will present the following subject: “A few challenges revisited at scale: communication/synchronization hidden, attainable accuracy and rubustness to soft errors in the conjugate gradient method”.
Finally, this year Inria is once again a partner of the European Research Café, which will be devoted to European research projects and initiatives in the fields of digital simulation, HPC and Big Data.
Date : 27 and 28 June 2017
- Tuesday 27 June - 8.30 am/6.30 pm
- Wednesday 28 June - 8.30 am/5.30 pm
Location : Ecole polytechnique
Route de Saclay
91128 Palaiseau cedex
Event strictly reserved to professionals.
Dates et horaires :
- mardi 27 juin – 8h30/18h30
- mercredi 28 juin -8h30/17h30
Route de Saclay
91128 Palaiseau cedex
Événement strictement réservé aux professionnels
To meet the actors of HPC and Big Data. Manufacturers and editors, providers and integrators of material, software and service solutions, universities and research laboratories, competitiveness clusters and public bodies will all be presenting their latest innovations in high performance digital simulation.
To take stock of the technological challenges of digital simulation and the diversity of uses of intensive computing.
To discover emerging and promising technologies in these fields, as well as their new areas of application.
- L’exposition :
Pour rencontrer les acteurs du HPC et duBig Data. Constructeurs et éditeurs, fournisseurs et intégrateurs de solutions matérielles, logicielles et de services, universités et laboratoires de recherche, pôles de compétitivité et organismes publics, présenteront leurs dernières innovations en matière de simulation numérique haute performance.
- Les sessions plénières :
Pour faire le point sur les défis technologiques de la simulation numérique et sur la diversité des usages du calcul intensif.
- Les ateliers du Forum Teratec :
Pour découvrir les technologies émergentes et prometteuses de ces domaines, ainsi que leurs nouveaux secteurs d’application.
Find us on stand 19
Contact: David Loureiro, business engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Request your badge!