Inria Evaluation Committee
The role of the Inria Evaluation Committee is to assess the calibre of research conducted at Inria and guarantee the quality of its hiring and internal promotions.
The Evaluation Committee is a largely autonomous committee composed of selected Inria scientists and outside experts. It is at the forefront of scientific assessment at the Institute. In cooperation with the Research Department, it coordinates the external evaluation of Inria project teams in each field of research. It constitutes the core of recruitment assessment committees, which also include outside experts nominated by general management, and of internal promotion committees. Finally, the Evaluation Committee participates in the assessment of new project and ongoing collaborative scientific work actions at Inria.
To fulfill its mission the Evaluation Committee forms working groups that address different concerns such as gender equality, software quality assessment, technology transfer, and scientific knowledge dissemination. It also conducts strategic reflections about the evolution of the Inria research fields and of the involved research professions.
The Evaluation Committee has 40 members:
- 20 members appointed by the chairman of the Institute, including 10 upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- 20 elected members of the institution's personnel.
Half of the appointed members are chosen outside the Institute.
The chairman of this committee is appointed by the chairman of the Institute, upon proposition by the chairman of the scientific committee.
- Chairman : Yvon Maday, UPMC, Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions
- Vice-chairman: Mireille Bossy - Inria Sophia - Antipolis Méditerranée, Alain Girault - Inria Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes et Laura Grigori - Inria Paris.
15 elected members Researchers
- Incumbents: Marie-Odile Berger, Liliana Cucu-Grosjean, Céline Grandmont, Christine Guillemot, Benjamin Guedj, Evelyne Hubert, Nicolas Holzschuch, Ioana Manolescu Goujot, Nathalie Mitton, Jean-Baptiste Pomet, Nicolas Rougier, Vlad Rusu, Michal Valko, Arthur Vidard, Olivier Zendra
- Alternates: Emmanuelle Anceaume, Christine Azevedo-Coste, Catherine Bonnet, Mireille Bossy, Benoît Caillaud, Guillaume Dujardin, Alain Girault, Gaël Guennebaud, Thierry Goudon, Valérie Issarny, Steve Kremer, Axel Legay, Jing-Rebecca Li, Vincent Perrier, Clair Poignard
5 elected members Engineers, technicians, and administrative staff
- Incumbents: Laure Ait-Ali, Janet Bertot, Tania Castro, Florian Dufour, Maxence Guesdon
- Alternates: Nathalie Flammang, Jean-Marc Haby, Guillaume Ollivier, Benjamin Ninassi, Olivier Trebucq
10 internal appointees
- Incumbents : Christophe Biernacki, Anne Canteaut, Dominique Chapelle, Andreas Enge, Laura Grigori, Ludovic Mé, Stephan Merz, Manuel Serrano, Anne Siegel, Jean-Bernard Stefani.
- Alternates: Philippe Chartier, Marie Chavent, Maureen Clerc, Jean-Marie Gorce, Miguel Hernandez, Emmanuel Jeannot, Philippe Preux, Delphine Ropers, Bertrand Thirion, Emmanuel Vincent.
10 external appointees
Thomas Bonald (Telecom Paristech), Jacques Droulez (Collège de France/CNRS), Christine Gaspin (Inra), Mohand-Said Hacid (Université de Lyon, LIRIS), Yvon Maday (UPMC, Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions), Eric Moulines (Telecom Paristech), Laurence Nigay (Univ. Grenoble Alpes, LIG), Catherine Pélachaud (CNRS, UPMC, ISIR), Xavier Vigouroux (Naver).