Careers related to property, logistics and prevention
© Inria / Photo C. Morel
For the maintenance and upkeep of infrastructure, Inria employs technicians who are specialised in various professional sectors, from logistics to prevention, building management to maintenance.
General Services is responsible for all activities related to building maintenance and operation, covering three types of services:
- the upkeep and maintenance of buildings and their utilities (electricity, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, lifts, etc.);
- building services’, including internal relocations, renovation work and minor repairs, cleaning, waste processing, provision of energy and water, etc.;
- occupant services’, including reception, mail handling, reprographics, managing the fleet of vehicles.
Most surveys, works and services are carried out by external companies, through service provider and maintenance contracts.
Logistics and General Services
As an expert in logistics and general services at Inria, your work will mean preserving and even improving the working environment for the Institute’s staff. This very hands-on profession involves a wide range of activities and requires a high degree of versatility. Tasks could include anything from small daily maintenance operations or repair work to the renovation of entire buildings, managing mail or purchasing furniture.
General Services deals with technical and logistical problems and manages security on Inria's premises with a view to providing the best possible environment for site users. Your requests are centralised at a helpdesk and managed by the General Services unit for your research centre.
The department provides three main types of services
Technical centre-management services
- Emergency and first-level repairs of site equipment
- Maintenance of buildings and technical installations
- Equipment maintenance (service vehicles, audio-visual equipment, etc.)
- Surveys, consultations with companies and follow-up of redevelopments and new constructions
- Participation in works
General interest services
- Mail and package distribution
- Transporting staff or equipment
- Managing the inventory
- Organising relocations and handling
- Securing supplies
- Organising catering services
Services related to site security (goods and people)
- Guarding the site and controlling access
- Follow-up of periodic regulatory inspections, bringing facilities into compliance, and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations concerning individuals, teams and external companies
- Coordinating fire prevention
- Conducting and implementing the prevention policy according to the risk prevention document