Technology Transfer at Inria
The strategic partnerships that Inria establishes are long-term bilateral partnerships with large industrial groups, formalized in a framework agreement. A research program is developed jointly by Inria and its partner based on the industrial player’s proposed priority topics. Research projects, fitting into this program, are then developed jointly by Inria’s teams and the partner. In addition, a steering committee and a scientific committee ensure that the collaboration is consistent and runs smoothly.
How are strategic partnerships established?
The process for establishing strategic partnerships is organized in the following manner:
- The preparation phase aims to work with the industrial partner to assess the interest and scope of a long-term collaboration and to identify the Inria teams whose expertise matches the scientific and technological priorities set out by the industrial player.
- The negotiation phase involves establishing the methods and the content of the partnership and leads to the signing of an agreement. At this point, all of the aspects associated with the definition and exploitation of intellectual property, the system for publications, and the mode of governance of the agreement are reviewed and validated by the legal departments before the leaders sign off on them.
- The implementation phase involves operationally implementing the contractual actions and the projects defined in the framework agreement, under the double authority of an Inria "scientific referent" designated for his or her particular skills in the fields in question and a referent in charge of guiding the contractual monitoring actions.
Who are the strategic partners of Inria?
Inria's current strategic partners are:
- Airbus Group - Astrium Satellites
- Airbus Group - Space & Transport
- Microsoft Research
Inria's previous strategic partners were:
These articles could interest you:
Would you like to collaborate with one of our research teams? Contact our strategic partnerships & major accounts manager.
- Tel. : +33 1 39 63 55 09
Joint laboratories :