Inria in California
The Inria@SiliconValley program
Picture Leonardo Pallotta, CC BY 2.0
Collaborations between Inria project-teams and American Universities are active from a long time and thus provide a strong basis for addressing scientific, economic and societal challenges on international priorities, in the context of win-win partnerships.
Since 2011 , Inria runs “Inria@SiliconValley ”, an active scientific joint program with Californian universities, mainly with UC Berkeley and Stanford University.
In cooperation with the CITRIS
(Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society),
this program aims to:
- strengthen and structure existing collaborations between Inria research teams and Californian universities in order to improve their visibility and impact.
- create and support new innovative projects with complementary competences, addressing scientific challenges of the digital society.
This program supports joint research projects called associate teams, each of them involving a research group from a Californian university and one from an Inria research center. In the framework of these associate teams, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars are co-funded by Inria and the collaborating Californian research groups.
Main addressed topics:
- New computation & data analysis approaches
- Computing and communication for the future Internet
- Content and supporting learning technologies
- Smart cities
Find out complete information on the Inria@SiliconValley program's website.