Inria Industry Meeting
Data Analytics : Unlocking Knowledge and Value from Data
© Sergey Nivens - Fotolia.com
On 12th November 2014, Inria, in partnership with Cap Digital, CVSTENE and SystemX, organises an "Inria Industry meeting" focused on "Data Analytics". Co-located with the IEEE Conference Vis 2014, the premier forum for advances in data visualisation which brings together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, it will take place at the Marriott Rive-Gauche Hotel in Paris. This half-day will be filled with discussions around technology demonstrations and conferences with speakers who will share their scientific, economic and industrial vision in the domain.
- Date : 12/11/2014
- Place : Hôtel Marriott Rive-Gauche, Paris
- Organiser(s) : Inria Salcay - Île-de-France, in partnership with Cap Digital, CVSTENE et SystemX
Knowledge extraction from raw data for better interpretation and understanding is an important step for value creation in businesses and represents a major challenge for worldwide companies. Performance is now related to the ability to infer the intelligence of great masses of data often heterogeneous and distributed.
Inria tackles this societal and economic challenge together with businesses, by providing excellent scientific research through strategic bilateral partnerships.
The purpose of our meeting is to strengthen cross-fertilization between research and industry and accelerate innovation in the French digital ecosystem in the following topics:
- From data to knowledge: modeling, management and visualization of distributed massive data;
- Methods and tools for machine learning and statistical analysis;
- Structuring, effective search and exploration of large datasets.