50 years of Inria : Celebrate our talents
On December 20th, during an event that will take place in the presence of Antoine Petit, CEO of Inria, and Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, President of the ERC (European Research Council), ERC laureates will present the results of their projects that will prepare tomorrow's digital innovations, share their vision of the future of their discipline, discuss how best to ensure the economic and societal impact of our research, and provide candidates with their best advices for ERC candidates.
- Date : 20/12/2017
- Place : Inria Nancy - Grand Est
- Guest(s) : Antoine Petit, Jean-Pierre Bourguignon
The following ERC laureates will be present : Stéphane Bordas (University of Luxembourg) - Véronique Cortier (CNRS) - Sylvain Lefebvre (Inria) - Bruno Lévy (Inria) - Jean-Baptiste Mouret (Inria) - Björn Ottersten (Univ. Luxembourg) - Paola Saccomandi (IHU of Strasbourg - Politecnico di Milano) Andreas Zeller (University of Saarland)
- 1:00 pm : Welcome coffee
- 1:30 pm : Opening speech by Antoine Petit
- 1:40 pm : Cybersecurity, artificial intelligence: what upheavals to come?
Véronique Cortier, Jean-Baptiste Mouret and Andreas Zeller present their ERC project and share their thoughts on the future of their discipline, as well as its growing impact on society.
- 2:40 pm : Research in digital sciences: what funding for what impact?
Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, Bjorn Ottersten and Antoine Petit talk about the 10 years of the ERC, the link between project research and basic research, and how best to guarantee the impact of our research
- 3:45 pm : Break
- 4:15 pm : Digital modeling and simulation: what perspectives?
Stéphane Bordas, Sylvain Lefebvre, Bruno Lévy and Paola Saccomandi present their ERC project and share their thoughts on the future of their discipline, as well as its growing impact on society.
- 5:30 pm : Undertaking the adventure of the ERC
Björn Ottersten and Andreas Zeller, multiple winners at the ERC, tell us about their experience and give us their best advice for preparing and preparing for the ERC. Then future candidates at the ERC throw themselves into the water and present you in 180 seconds the embryo of their project.
- 6.30 pm : Closing speech by Sylvain Petitjean, Director of the Center.
- 6:45 to 9:00 pm : Cocktail and friendly discussions.
- Access : free of charge, upon registration only.
- Language : most of the event will be in French with some speaking in English.
- Security : a visual check of the bags will be done at the entrance. We thank you for your understanding.