Europe & International
A research center open to the world
(CC BY 2.0) Moises Terrero
"Making Inria a major actor in the European research arena whilst confirming its international influence"; such is the institute's objective, with the aim of giving greater coherence and synergies to our actions within the areas of European and international research.
Inria is an institute that is recognised abroad for the quality of its research and its capacity to transform its findings into technological innovations liable to respond to societal issues. In particular, Inria favours the emergence of both its own instruments (Inria International Labs , Associate Teams , Chairs ) and those proposed by the European Commission through international actions funded by the Horizon 2020 framework program .
The Inria Lille - Nord Europe research teams are involved in many projects with academics and industrials partners
Inria International Chairs
Inria is hiring experienced researchers for long visits - 12 months along five years. Come to develop or strengthen collaborations in your expertise fields/areas with Inria project-teams.
In 2016, Inria Lille - Nord Europe research center welcom two International Chairs :
- Marcelo Wanderley, professor & William Dawson Chair in Music Technology at McGill University (Canada) hosting by Mjolnir team
- Miguel Anjos, professor and Canada Research chair Director at Ecole polytechnique de Montréal (Canada) hosting by Inocs team
The "Associate Teams" programme supports scientific collaboration projects between Inria project teams and high-level research teams from the world over. Inria has been supporting these partnerships since 2002, and each year over sixty teams are in operation.
To complete this program, Inria Lille - Nord Europe created in 2013 a dedicated program call "Associate team Northern Europe" to encourage collaborations between team-project of the center and foreign teams in Northern Europe. Since 2013, 9 North Europe associate teams have been created with research partners as University College of London, University College of Dublin, Delft University of Technology, University of Namur, ULB or CWI.
Some European projects
HAPPINESS: tactile interfaces with haptic interaction
- European Project H2020 (2015-2019)
- Partners: Inria France, CEA France, ARK France, BOSCH Germany, GLAS UK, ISD Greece, WPAK Spain, GAIK Spain
QUANTHOM: Quantitative methods in stochastic homogenization
- ERC (FP7) 2014-2019
- Partners: Université Libre de Bruxelles - Inria
- Project FEDER (2015 - 2017)
- Partners: École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture et de Paysage from Lille and Ecole des Mines de Douai